Ota or not...

draco86

Reaction score
I've waited almost a month, telling my phone every twelve hours to remind me later to install the new updated ota of gingerbread.
I wonder if my netflix app will still work and everything before I jump. I wanta keep root for my tethering along with my other modification of apps and stuff. Anyone heard of possible a hack for the ota? If not how hard is the other way because this update message is irritating

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No hacks for the OTA. Netflix does work though.

Download the rooted TBH .596 files (2 parts) and make sure they are on your SD card. Use the Droid2 bootstrap and enter Clockwork recovery. Do a data wipe and wipe your cache. Choose install zip and find the files. Install both parts in order, then reboot. Its that simple.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

Jaeger

Reaction score
Yup. I just did it yesterday. Twice. You can take the OTA and SBF back to Froyo if you decide you still want root. Then do the two part install. Frankly, yyou almost don't need root with the new Gingerbread update. It's pretty damn good.

OP
D

draco86

Reaction score
I read the directions on doing the task at hand, I went ahead and got the droid 2 boot. But the directions are a little unclear from deodexed to odexed then the patch update zip says to install while on froyo.
I am actually confused on which set of instructions to follow.

And one other thing, I'm on system version .340 but my baseband is .07p not .12p like the page says it should be
Why is this and really is there a fix

TheJester34

Reaction score
If you SBF back to FroYo then do the 2 part GB install it should upgrade your baseband to .12. It did mine anyway

OP
D

draco86

Reaction score
Not sure why I hesitated on installing the update. It went so smoothly! I didn't loss anything lol
Thanks for your help. I just had to dl the beta of wireless tether so I shouldn't have problems

Someone created an easy to use cd to convert phone back to froyo, anyone still have that