OTA New system 1.3.418.en.US(2.3.5) rolling out

Otechmobile

Reaction score
:icon_ lala:Hello everyone I live in SC and Have a Verizon Droid X2. This morning when I checked for updates there was a Easter Egg. Verizon started pushing out the new 2.3.5 system 1.3.418 this morning thought yall would like to know. I personally did it to flash the new Eclispe ROM that is built of this new System. please read about the new System update from Big Reds site and you can read about the the New Eclispe ROM on this wonderful forum. Thank you for your time. Happy Flashing!!!!!!!!

icon_ devil.gif
Please NOTE THIS SYSTEM UPDATE CAN ONLY BE ROOTED BY VOODOO KEEP ROOT.
To find out more look at the Eclispe ROM 2.2 ROM Install instructions.
My Understanding is you have to Voodoo on 2.3.4 so you can keep root into 2.3.5.
Hope this helps.
I will post later on my fix to root if Voodoo does work.
I am a Lieutenant at a Fire Department and have to go pull a shift so I will Post when I get a chance.
Unless the Mobile Community can Help....... Thanks

UPDATE...........
Okay I checked and confirmed it works for keeping root.

1st you need to be on system 2.3.4 and download Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper FROM GOOGLE PLAY
2nd after you install Voodoo OTA rootkeeper run it and backup root.
3rd click menu on your phone,then click settings, and scroll down to ABOUT PHONE.
4th click check for updates. Now download update which is system 2.3.5/1.3.418.en.US and install.
After phone installs new system and reboots. Click on your Apps and scroll down to Voodoo Rootkeeper and restore Superuser.
Thats it now you are ROOT again hope this helps everyone thats thinking off updating.

ALSO ONE MORE THING IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOU STILL HAVE ROOT DOWNLOAD ROOT CHECKER FROM GOOGLE PLAY.
HAPPY FLASHING EVERYONE!!!!!!

Ay_Ya

Reaction score
I took the OTA download last night and then downloaded Voodoo. I used Voodoo to protect root, but after running the update zip, I maintained Super User with no problems. I'm using Barnacle to tether my my laptop with zero issues. I did not need to restore anything. I will dig further into it as work permits, and see if there are any issues. This is on my DX2. I will go test drive my backup DX via WiFi and see if it recieved the update. It is not rooted because I did not pay attention to the last OTA and got caught with my pants down and don't see any reason to sideload any form of Linux just to root my dust collector.

~Ay Ya

aginzu

Reaction score
Doesn't Work on my X2

I ran Voodo to save root, installed the update, ran Voodo again to restore root and it didn't work. Voodo ran and said that root was restored, but the little check box did not fill in and the device is not rooted.

Any ideas?

katiexkills

Reaction score
ive been trolling this site for a very long time, getting help and other things for my phone.

i rooted my droid x2 a while ago, and until two days ago was unaware that with a rooted device, i could not install the new software updates as i normally would. (i know, n00b)

i downloaded voodoo ota, as instructed here, and then tried to install the new 2.3.5/1.3.418.en.US with no success.

i tried this process multiple times.

i highly doubt i did something wrong as even my crosseyed cat could do this easy process.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
i downloaded voodoo ota, as instructed here, and then tried to install the new 2.3.5/1.3.418.en.US with no success.
if you rooted with zergrush, you need to SBF back to 2.3.4
if you altered system files, you need to SBF
but you could try backup su with voodoo, temp unroot with voodoo, then try update
that has worked for some
otherwise it's back to 2.3.4 SBF, you may not lose data, unless you bootloop, then wipe data

mikesg

Reaction score
So let me get this straight before I screw up.

I currently have VooDoo running and I executed the Save Root. I have all five boxes checked in the program and have the options to "Delete SU backup" (which is obviously not what I want to do, and I have "Temp. un-root (keeps backup)"

Im running 2.3.4 on my droid X2 and if people are having problems keeping root, I will likely just keep clicking "update later" until there are more concrete fixes available. I can handle the nag screen for as long as I need to until there is a sure way to keep root. I'm not sure if I need to unroot the phone all together.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
i would temp. un-root(keeps backup)
seems to be working for +99%
more likely, update will fail, than lose root

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

mikesg

Reaction score
I finally broke down and checked to make sure voodoo had everything green and checked. Waited for it to prompt me again to install and the phone rebooted and I got the error "update failed!". I suppose I need to go back to the forum where I learned to root this phone and try to tell find out how to indoor it as per the original instructions using my reverse root method.