Orientation 2.2 Problems?

Reaction score
Hey everyone, good day or night :).

I was finally able to get the new 2.2 update for my DroidX and was ecstatic, but I've found that now I have a very annoying problem. My X will orientate itself to landscape mode all of sudden for no reason. I'll have the phone still and sitting straight up and it just jumps to landscape automatically, and will do landscape on both sides of the screen. Most of the time I have to put in a lot of effort to right the screen back to portrait mode.

The first thing I did when this kept happening was re-boot the phone, nothing. Then I wondered if it may be Launcher Pro Plus, so I unistalled it and then ran just the stock launcher. I thought I had it beat but then it started happening again. I can't seem to relate the orientation problems to any app or action in particular, I just simply know that it's no coinincidence that it started happening immediately after I installed the running system 2.2 update. Plus I don't believe in coincidences. But seriously I know it relates to this and i was just wondering if any other DroidX users have had this problem after they installed the new update?? I'd give a list of my apps, but the morons in the forum would just scrutinize the programs i have, if that statement makes you mad or offended that's because you fit that category. But yeah, thanks for reading this novel length question, I'm overly verbose, but I really would like some help and see if anyone else has experienced this problem and how can i fix it?? Thanks!!!

FroYoSoSlow

Reaction score
Same Orientation Problem

Yes, I am having the same problem - and no luck finding a fix. I am also having a problem with the pull-down notification bar not clearing out after clicking on a notification. I have to push it back up before I can see the application that sent the notification.

Barkman

Reaction score
Same issue here too - it seems to have gotten WAY more sensitive to the accels as well. It rotates often with just the slightest movement, if any at all.