Display Orientation

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Update 2: Replacement phone shipped 6 May but without the free 2G mini SD card. I was told to remove and keep the SD Card from the defective Inc phone.[/QUOTE]

Hmm - I pre-ordered mine and got it April 27th - there was no card in it and I never heard anything about a card. Did one come with the phone if you purchased it at the store? Just curious, i used by 8G card from my blackberry......

robwilson

Reaction score
No Dice......still the same and when it does rotate, it seems to stick in landscape mode until I hit the home button.

Acting just like my phone.

Is yours an early pre order phone? If yes, call Verzion tech service. If ordered via Verizon thru a person call back to report the problem. If you bought at a Verizon store I would go back to the store.

Again, good luck. I will have my replacement phone 10 May. Will report if it works/or not.
Yeah, I am going to do just that.
Update - went to the Verizon Store and had a tech look at my phone. The display would not go to landscape. I played with a display phone and it worked flaulessly. So I will calling VZ to get a new phone shipped. I am doing a factory reset as we speak.

robwilson

Reaction score
Acting just like my phone.

Is yours an early pre order phone? If yes, call Verzion tech service. If ordered via Verizon thru a person call back to report the problem. If you bought at a Verizon store I would go back to the store.

Again, good luck. I will have my replacement phone 10 May. Will report if it works/or not.
Update - went to the Verizon Store and had a tech look at my phone. The display would not go to landscape. I played with a display phone and it worked flaulessly. So I will calling VZ to get a new phone shipped. I am doing a factory reset as we speak.
Another updated:

Did a factory reset and now it goes to landscape with no problem.

OP
L

ltkjr

Reaction score
Update 2: Replacement phone shipped 6 May but without the free 2G mini SD card. I was told to remove and keep the SD Card from the defective Inc phone.

Hmm - I pre-ordered mine and got it April 27th - there was no card in it and I never heard anything about a card. Did one come with the phone if you purchased it at the store? Just curious, i used by 8G card from my blackberry......[/QUOTE]

24 April on-line purchase which included a free 2G card.

Orange14

Reaction score
I wonder if there is a problem with the G Sensor. My phone will not switch to landscape mode by simply rotating it. You need to give it a quick shake or two and it will pop into landscape. I'm sure that this is not normal. I've reset the sensor three times but that doesn't seem to make any difference. I have not tried a hard factory reset. It would be nice to know what percentage of shipped phones have this problem.

OP
L

ltkjr

Reaction score
Another updated:

Did a factory reset and now it goes to landscape with no problem.

Took two factory resets and now display rotates as designed. Replacement phone due today will be sent back to Verizon.