"Optimized For Honeycomb" Apps list

Zoreth

Reaction score
The beta for Plume (former touiteur) is a twitter client optimized for tablets with multicolumn layout.

AndEdit is a text editor with syntax highlighting for honeycomb

SeaDogBob

Reaction score
Status Bar Volume won't install

Tried to install Status Bar Volume on my Xoom (Honeycomb 3.1). Got an error message stating not compatible with my device. How can this be optimized for my Xoom if it won't even install?
:icon_evil:

pjv

Reaction score
Collectionista

Can I mention my own app for a second? I'm still working on it to make it use more of the extra possibilities that tablets have, but even in its current state everything works, and more importantly the nature of the applications lends itself very well to it being used on tablets.

Collectionista is a collection manager for books and music CDs.

If you like collecting objects, you like to carry your precious collection with you at all times. You never know when you might come across a new asset and need to know what you can trade or what exactly you already own.

Collectionista is an app for your Android phone, fresh off the drawing board and into the Market. Manage your collection of books, music CDs, and more! In its current beta state you can add items by scanning their barcodes or by entering details manually. You can organize them into collections you maintain yourself.

Designed as a general Android app to keep hold of any collections, Collectionista aims to fit in with the system and other apps, natively. Emphasis is on a beautiful presentation and a sound user experience. Examples are the book and CD covers that are automatically fetched off the internet, but which you can also change if you want to.

The goal is to become a manager of not only these typical media collections, but also of classic collectibles or even plain day-to-day items. Expect new ones to be added in the future.

img.php

PQAAAILSMTrWd2DsqA1sYryH71pgFMnEqyoIVoAnRIqAJ2JLGfjDvFfNd3k88NIQw_qu4i9uc6OCgRzaOwpVjStOhnoAzfqVaWr17VKUVgwgodbEeOfwklLSMTv6.png

Last edited:

philnolan3d

Reaction score
I've got a question. I'm still waiting for my Xoom to arrive in the mail so I'm not sure of this myself. When you buy a tablet optimized app, will it also get you the smaller version of that aopp (if there is one) for your phone? Or vice-versa, I already have Angry Birds Seasons on my Droid X for example, when my tablet arrives will I automatically be able to use the tablet optimized one, or do I have to buy it again?

I wondered about this because I don't really see apps in the market or AppStore that mention it being just a tablet version.

white_gorilla

Reaction score
Hey all,

I released my first app for Android, specifically for Honeycomb 3.0+.

Calculations 3.0: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.spymek.calculations

Its a multi-function calculator app that has

• Advanced Calculator
  • Unit Measurement Conversion (length, area, volume, weight, time, temp)
  • Mortgage Calculator
  • Currency Converter (Real-Time)

Would love to have it added to your awesome list.

It's gotten over 500 downloads in its first week, hopefully the design and functionality are appealing to those who want more than the basic stock calculator. There is a pro version available too for $0.99 that eliminates the ads (https://market.android.com/details?id=com.spymek.calculations.pro).

Thanks! Wish everyone the best!

White Gorilla