Open button instead of update button for Market apps that have an update

silverfang77

Reaction score
My Facebook Notifications app has an update available on the Market. No matter how often I go to the update page, the button on the left says Open instead of Update. How do I force an update?

Tappin' and talkin' with Tappatalk

dast

Reaction score
I see the same thing with a few apps in the market. No idea what the fix is yet.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

LT*

Reaction score
I've been having this same issue. Kind of frustrating.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Ditto! Ever since the market update I have had that issue too.

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Try clearing cache. Menu>applications>manage apps>all (tab at top)>scroll to market and select. Tap clear cache then try to update. If that doesn't work try to clear data as well. You will have add your Google account back into the market I believe. Good luck!

This post is Incredible 2

Reaction score
Cleared cache, cleared data, problem reoccurred again a few days later with more updates. Checking again later and update option appeared and worked. I have had this issue since the market update...think it needs another update!

bentrm

Reaction score
Have you tried going to the market hitting menu, my apps? Toward the top on the right there's a "button" that reads, updates. Hit it. It's not animated but wait for a moment and the updates begin. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Yes, I have done that but they still need to fix it as sometimes there are updates that I do not want so I don't want to update all.

akhi216

Reaction score
Yes, I have done that but they still need to fix it as sometimes there are updates that I do not want so I don't want to update all.

This.

JParkins

Reaction score
I've been having the same issues. The app updates fine, but market just doesn't see it. I had posted last week about this and cleared my cache and everything. Now apps are back starting today and doing the same thing.

akhi216

Reaction score
I've been having this issue on the DROID3. As a counter-attempt, I checked the option to auto-update the apps that I want updated. It doesn't always work because some apps have to be manually updated. An uninstall and reinstall of the app(s) don't seem to be a real workaround for some reason,