Only 16GB and No Micro SD a dealbreaker?

Discussion in 'HTC Droid DNA' started by StinkyPete, Nov 15, 2012.

1. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    So how much are you paying or will be paying for the cloud storage, and do not forget the data charges.

2. shockracer

shockracer Active Member

Ratings:
    +184
    Seems that this no Sd card slot is because of VZW. HTC is going to keep losing if they allow carriers to walk on them, maybe that is what VZW wants since Motorola is under VZWs desk.

The battery doesn't bother me, but not having expandable storage crushes any deal for me buying it. This is kinda sad because I have bought every HTC Android phone on VZWs network. Wish I could put the butterfly J on VZW.

#14 shockracer, Nov 25, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
  3. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Yup I'd own this by now also full retail.. But I'll wait for there next phone..

4. harp666

harp666 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here..was tempted to switch from my RAZR MaxxHD and pay full retail for the DNA..but with jellybean update around the corner for the maxx hd I have decided to pass regardless of the dna screen and other features.
    Almost got me but memory and battery limitations are to much of an issue for me.

5. jkaetz

jkaetz New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Lack of microsd is cause for pause, but I'm likely going to do it. I too will be replacing my thunderbolt with 64 gig microsd. Data is not an issue for me as I'll be paying more up front to stay unlimited as long as I can. Being outside of coverage is an issue from time to time but I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Those who want to carry extra batteries might as well simply carry one of the portable chargers instead. While you couldn't simply swap and go, I'm sure you could manage to plug in at times to keep the main battery charged. That has been my solution to long flights even though I have a swappable battery.

6. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    I suggest you wait till more manufacturers come out with 1080p screens, 1080p is the next big selling point. I say patience is virtue.

7. jkaetz

jkaetz New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    True, but if one plays the waiting game, one could be waiting forever. :) I'll be waiting until I can get one second hand for a few hundred less than the MSRP.

8. geoff5093

geoff5093 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +29
    I have 57GB with Dropbox (free), 25GB with SkyDrive, and 5GB with Google Drive. I also have unlimited data on Verizon and have WiFi at home/work.

9. semitope

semitope New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same issue with an SD card. Actually I had a 32GB sd die on me recently and that makes me weary of having too much on it. I'd really rather it be on the cloud (as backup I mean) than my own devices unless its something I am not comfortable putting on the cloud. SD cards should not be used to store massive data without backing up. I think for most people the space would be enough, but I would love some extra space to keep movies etc around just in case.

10. cybertec69

cybertec69 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +318
    Everything that is on my micro sd card is also on my pc, since everything on my sd card was and is on my pc, then transferred to the sd card. Cloud is not an option for the majority of people do to data constraints.

#22 cybertec69, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012
  11. guitarchris123

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm eligible to upgrade from my Thunderbolt. This absolutely would be my upgrade, but the small-ish non-replaceable battery (bigger than TB's, but this phone is more of a beast with a bigger screen, so will require more power anyway), and lack of micro-SD storage might be deal-breakers for me. I have way more than 30GB of music to put on my phone (streaming from my home computer is not always an option in bad service areas, and it drains the battery faster than playing directly from the phone).

Curious what actual users are getting battery life-wise. 6-8 hours does not cut it for me (I am a heavy user during the day, moderate at night). Ideally I would like my phone to last from wake-up to bed-time on 1 charge (have yet to have a smartphone that can do that). I can't risk not being able to just pop in a spare battery when I'm out and about without access to a charger.

Also curious what options people are taking to combat the lack of internal storage. The "cloud" is just something that would be hard for me to adjust to, and it uses data (which if I upgrade with the discount, I would lose my unlimited plan).

Why couldn't HTC just add the rumored 2500 mAh battery and a micro-SD slot? That's what people want, and this phone would have sold through the roof! So dumb...who's in charge over there? Definitely would have sacrificed a little thickness for those crucial features.

Therefore, my options are to struggle with the storage/battery of this device, bite the bullet and get the SG Note 2 and have to deal with something that might not be usable one-handed and uncomfortable in my front pocket (really considering this phone, just scared by the huge size), or wait until spring for the next wave (i.e., GS4, etc.). What to do? I can make it until Christmas with my TB, but its starting to be a pain and I'm getting antsy with all these awesome new phones coming out. Might be time to jump ship from HTC to Sammy. HTC has the looks and build quality, but Sammy is innovating and has bigger batteries and more features!

12. kparks

kparks Active Member

Ratings:
    +8
    If u got the stock battery in the Tbolt... The dna is a upgrade in battery life..

Search tags for this page
does droid dna have sd card
does droid dna have sd card slot

droid dna micro sd

droid dna micro sd slot

droid dna microsd

droid dna no micro sd
droid dna no microsd
droid dna no sd card
droid dna sd
droid dna sd card