On display

winner00

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
San Diego.

A few observations.. the screen on the Bionic is way brighter, white websites look kind of gray on the RAZR. Could be a bug though because whenever I pressed the home button while in the browser it would get brighter for a second. Also the speaker cover thing is very easy to push in with your fingernail, not hard like on the Bionic
That's because its using a different display type.

lobo13

Reaction score
San Diego.

A few observations.. the screen on the Bionic is way brighter, white websites look kind of gray on the RAZR. Could be a bug though because whenever I pressed the home button while in the browser it would get brighter for a second. Also the speaker cover thing is very easy to push in with your fingernail, not hard like on the Bionic
What part of San Diego? Might be able to get a hold of this phone as well. I live near there

todroid

Reaction score
nOOb, what did you think of it? Care to give some impressions? What phone are you coming from? Thanks for the pics and the info!
I'm in SD too, Kearny Mesa. Will go check it out later at the local branch.

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
I stopped at my VZW store yesterday and fiddled around with it. The camera seemed to have a pretty fast shutter speed, though not quite like the Nexus did in the videos we've seen. Nice phone, but I'm pretty sold on getting the Nexus. I think you'll all be very happy with the Razr, though.

todroid

Reaction score
Thanks, Larry. Glad to hear it's a pretty fast shooter. Coming from Droid X and the camera in it being plenty fast for me, I just wanted to make sure it's not slower. I've read somewhere in reviews, that sometimes for Nexus the camera speed became an issue as the pics started coming out somewhat blurry. I'll have to get my paws on both (and read reviews of both) to make the decision.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
My store didn't have them yet,but maybe tomorrow. The nice lady at Verizon said that the Razr will have combo buttons to reset. She said it was supposed to work very well and force a reset.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
N

n00basaurus

Reaction score
nOOb, what did you think of it? Care to give some impressions? What phone are you coming from? Thanks for the pics and the info!
I'm in SD too, Kearny Mesa. Will go check it out later at the local branch.
It's not for me. Some might love it but I don't like the shape or the display. It's not bright enough, and the resolution just doesn't cut it. I really want something comparable to the iPhone in terms of pixel density. I'm coming from the OG Droid.

rherron

Reaction score
Stopped by a corporate-owned Verizon store in Columbia, SC yesterday and they didn't have any units.

DroidHoff

Reaction score
Anyone else notice the hole under the kevlar backing on the phone. This could be part of the noise cancelling / second mic (and in all likelyhood is just that) but it might also be a hard reset pin that everyone is talking about. I guess I will stop by my VZW and see if I can check it out for myself! Thanks for the heads up and great pics though!

spider210

Reaction score
Hard reset is volume down and power key for 10 seconds no worry folks it works great

mguner

Reaction score
Ok just left Verizon store that had the RAZR... took some pics, let me see if I can upload them.... Some observations...

- boot up took 57 seconds
- battery status is in 10% increments
- played with it for about 20 minutes straight, went from 90% to 80% battery, but that could be from 91 to 89, or 95 to 82...don't know.
- that little hole in the back seems to be either a 2nd mic or noise canceling feature...the innards of the holes looked the same, front and back
- very light, felt great in the hand...did not get warm
- camera is very quick, from pressing button to shutter was about a second...from locked phone, I could take a pic in about 3 seconds
- ok here's the whammy....I questioned it over and over, but the Verizon rep was certain that the motorola rep told him it was launching with ICS! Could be a mistake, or he let the cat out of the bag...probably mistake though.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mguner

Reaction score
Oh forgot to mention....WOW, I want this phone!!!

Heywood

Reaction score
Ok just left Verizon store that had the RAZR... took some pics, let me see if I can upload them.... Some observations...

- boot up took 57 seconds
- battery status is in 10% increments
- played with it for about 20 minutes straight, went from 90% to 80% battery, but that could be from 91 to 89, or 95 to 82...don't know.
- that little hole in the back seems to be either a 2nd mic or noise canceling feature...the innards of the holes looked the same, front and back
- very light, felt great in the hand...did not get warm
- camera is very quick, from pressing button to shutter was about a second...from locked phone, I could take a pic in about 3 seconds
- ok here's the whammy....I questioned it over and over, but the Verizon rep was certain that the motorola rep told him it was launching with ICS! Could be a mistake, or he let the cat out of the bag...probably mistake though.

My wife is gonna kill me for paying full retail for that badboy. These observations just made me want it more:(

Also, doesn't it have three
NC mics?

Larry Mahnken

Reaction score
Went back in today and checking out again. One observation:

If you're a woman, don't buy this online, go to the store and pick it up first. The size of it is just pushing the edges of what's an acceptable size for a phone -- it felt fine to me, but I would imagine a woman with smaller hands might find it to be too large. YMMV.