On display

ghoticov

Reaction score
- ok here's the whammy....I questioned it over and over, but the Verizon rep was certain that the motorola rep told him it was launching with ICS! Could be a mistake, or he let the cat out of the bag...probably mistake though.

Another case and point of a Verizon Rep not knowing what they are talking about. I cant believe anyone would even remotely believe anything a Verizon Rep tells them (not saying you did). lol

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Hard reset is volume down and power key for 10 seconds no worry folks it works great

If that is fully hardware implemented it may be OK, the device you reset in this manner was hard locked (and if so what did you do to it?).

mguner

Reaction score
I didn't see a third hole anywhere, but could have missed it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

mguner

Reaction score
Another case and point of a Verizon Rep not knowing what they are talking about. I cant believe anyone would even remotely believe anything a Verizon Rep tells them (not saying you did). lol

Haha, I know what you mean ;)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Just got back and wow! The camera's fast but the image is a little blue/grey. Switching screens was smooth and fast.

The screen is gorgeous the only down I have is it's too light. It bounced in my hand like a credit card. Also the phone is a little wide.

ICS on this phone would just be sweet!

I wish my freaking OG wasn't dying by the day.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

benz0

Reaction score
5 more days till Christmas!! Thanks for the hands on reports! Just saw some advertisement for the Razr during one of the NFL games, SWEET!! :icon_ lala:

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
It does not come with ice cream.

The width is slightly wider than the bionic.

The nexus is wide also but one half inch longer than the Bionic.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

droidvip

Reaction score
WOW.... I wanted the Razr so bad, until spending 30 minutes in the Verizon store alone with it. Now I'm thinking I'm going to get the Bionic! The shape is a little odd, and it is pretty large in your hand, it's so thin that I hard time holding on to it. Minor stuff though and in a silicone case I'm sure that issue is solved.

My real concern was how dark the screen was. As you scroll through the black background home screens they are bright and look awesome. When you get to a white screen, like Google home page for example, what should be white appears grey and dim. I compared this to the Bionic and the Bionic was bright white. Also compared it to my X which was also bright white in comparison. I checked the settings on the Razr and it was a bright as it gets. I know you will reply saying this is because it is a different screen and I'm sure you are right but that does not change the fact that white should be white.

I'm pretty bummed now, on one hand I want the Razr so bad on the other I think the "old" Bionic may be a better product.

benz0

Reaction score
WOW.... I wanted the Razr so bad, until spending 30 minutes in the Verizon store alone with it. Now I'm thinking I'm going to get the Bionic! The shape is a little odd, and it is pretty large in your hand, it's so thin that I hard time holding on to it. Minor stuff though and in a silicone case I'm sure that issue is solved.

My real concern was how dark the screen was. As you scroll through the black background home screens they are bright and look awesome. When you get to a white screen, like Google home page for example, what should be white appears grey and dim. I compared this to the Bionic and the Bionic was bright white. Also compared it to my X which was also bright white in comparison. I checked the settings on the Razr and it was a bright as it gets. I know you will reply saying this is because it is a different screen and I'm sure you are right but that does not change the fact that white should be white.

I'm pretty bummed now, on one hand I want the Razr so bad on the other I think the "old" Bionic may be a better product.

I had the bionic for a week, i hated the screen door look! (No offense to Bionic owners) I tried to like it, but couldnt deal with the look. How is the overall screen? Besides the dimness? I play netflix/youtube videos on the Bionic and looked very undefined, I guess. Just wasnt happy with the pentile screen look. I want a powerhouse super phone, but I want a good/decent screen to go along with it too.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

I like rock'n my phones with no case but because the Droid X was so thin I put a case on it. It was so much nicer to hold with the additional bulk the case added. I dont think thin is an advantage at all.

droidvip

Reaction score
I had Razr and Bionic side by side playing the same youtube video and they appeared very similar. I may not be the best judge for the screen, my eyes are getting a little to old. Actually that may be why I like the brighter screen on the Bionic as well, lol!

NoStopN

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7
Twitter
@NoStopN
I guess after the football games are over, I need to make a field trip to BB & the VZW stores. Thankfully, they are a mile apart from one another. ;)

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Saw one at the store

It was not activated yet so all I could do is see the bootup by resetting it holding down the power and volume keys and the phone keypad.

The colors were way more vibrant than the Bionic - however as some have said the white was washed out a bit comparatively.

It was VERY thin and light. It was not as comfortable to hold as the bionic because the edges were not rounded out - they were thin. However they handed me a fake unit which was the same size and weight and it was not bad to hold in fact I could flip it over and over in my hand.

The Kevlar on the back did NOT scratch - I tried my fingernails more than once and it was very resistant. The materials all looked top notch.

It's effectively the same size as the Bionic. The size difference is so small - it may seem bigger because it's not as rounded to hold.

I may go back tomorrow and test it when they have it up and running but at least I got to hold it and play with it.

Is it better than the Bionic - yes. Is it better than the Nexus - I don't know.