On-call alert for SMS notifications?

altjx

Reaction score
Often, I find myself being on the phone and not ever realizing that I got a text message a half hour ago. I am wondering if there is a way to enable sounds for when you're on the phone, letting you know that you have a text message or something... Is this even possible?

Thanks for anyone's assistance.

WestOkid

Reaction score
This should be happening by default for email and text if you have notifications on.

You can also try a third party sms app like handcent so you can get a popup and do a quick reply like "Call you back in 5min"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
This should be happening by default for email and text if you have notifications on.

You can also try a third party sms app like handcent so you can get a popup and do a quick reply like "Call you back in 5min"

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Hmm, interesting. This seems like something that should be happening automatically. On the other hand, I forgot all about Handcent. I haven't used android in so long... About to go see how well they've improved. :) Thanks.

GeneralZod

Reaction score
Handcent allows you to turn this on or off, and choose between a sound of a vibration.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
For text messages, you can turn on the vibrate notification in settings in the text app, and then when your in calls, it will SOMETIMES work.

What I do for this issue is use universal inbox. Then when something comes through, it shows there.

Long press the home screen, tap Widgets, scroll down to universal inbox, it will appear on the home screen.

Hope this helps?!

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
94lt1 said:
For text messages, you can turn on the vibrate notification in settings in the text app, and then when your in calls, it will SOMETIMES work.

What I do for this issue is use universal inbox. Then when something comes through, it shows there.

Long press the home screen, tap Widgets, scroll down to universal inbox, it will appear on the home screen.

Hope this helps?!

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!!

Sounds good. Thanks man.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2