go sms pro

twobiscuit

Reaction score
So I have been using handscent for text messaging but didn't like how I couldn't view a picture without it being a video. I went with go sms pro. The only thing I don't like is that, after a while, if I don't respond to a text, the notification goes away in the status bar. The message will be in my inbox but I want it to flash the led and show that I have a message. I am sure it is one of the settings, but I can't figure out which one. Any ideas?

LegalAmerican

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I use it as well and my notification stays. That leads me to believe there is a setting where the notification can be adjusted to last longer. The LED i'm not sure about. I downloaded LightFlow and loved it, but it doesn't appear to be compatible with Go SMS Pro.

OP
T

twobiscuit

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I use it as well and my notification stays. That leads me to believe there is a setting where the notification can be adjusted to last longer. The LED i'm not sure about. I downloaded LightFlow and loved it, but it doesn't appear to be compatible with Go SMS Pro.

Do you have enable reminders selected in the advanced notification settings?

SallyC

Reaction score
So I have been using handscent for text messaging but didn't like how I couldn't view a picture without it being a video. I went with go sms pro. The only thing I don't like is that, after a while, if I don't respond to a text, the notification goes away in the status bar. The message will be in my inbox but I want it to flash the led and show that I have a message. I am sure it is one of the settings, but I can't figure out which one. Any ideas?

In SMS Pro, Menu>Settings>Notification Settings:
  • Enable Notifications: (checked)
  • Default Notification Settings:
    • Scroll down to LED Settings. Blink LED (checked) set color and rate as desired
    • Scroll down to Reminders. Check enable reminders and fill out other options as desired.
Hopefully that should do it.

SallyC

Reaction score
Thanks Sally. I will try that

As a fellow GO SMS Pro user, I'm wondering if you can tell me how to select Reply to All vs Reply to Sender in the app? I can't see that option - do you (or anyone else) know?

OP
T

twobiscuit

Reaction score
I am still trying to figure it out myself. One more thing, my screen always comes on when I get a text and I don't want it to. Before you ask, no I don't have that option selected. What gives?

metalhead

Reaction score
I tried go sms pro for a week or so and really liked it, but it seemed to run have some glitches so I uninstalled it. Wish it ran smoother.

SallyC

Reaction score
I am still trying to figure it out myself. One more thing, my screen always comes on when I get a text and I don't want it to. Before you ask, no I don't have that option selected. What gives?

I think the answer to my question is under the Send settings: Send as split conversations. But I'm not sure.

For your notification settings, be sure you've looked at all the areas under Notification in Go SMS but also remember to check the ones in the stock app.

kossman

Reaction score
I have the text app go SMS pro. I am having a issue on setting up where pictures I receive and are saved. It is currently set up to go in the sms folder under downloads on internal storage, I want it to do to my SD card

Kyrax

Reaction score
No answer yet?

No answer yet? It's been almost a year since this post was made and I would think it's a rather popular question. I need this question answered as well. If it's not possible to change the storage to my external microSD card in Go SMS Pro, it would be kewl if someone would state so. If it's not possible, the next question: Is there an SMS app that WILL let you do this? Amazing that I can't do that on my Samsung Galaxy Express (SGH-i437) with the stock SMS app. :(

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
I've never found an option to change the dl location.