On April 19 Verizon Will Cover 2/3 of US with LTE; 44 Expanded Markets & 27 New Ones

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I'm waiting to see if it gets to the heart of South Jersey too. They have 4g less then 5 miles away. My 3g is spotty and I know that isn't going to get any better and that's why I live on wifi.

This was posted using my Rezound.

geoff5093

Reaction score
The maps are severely inaccurate. They cannot update them fast enough.
They just updated them today, about time!

I am curious why there are no cities in Maine or Vermont with 4G, even large cities like Portland or Burlington are 3G only.

N4UPD

Reaction score
I guess if we put everyone in one state they could say they cover 100% of the country.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

huskur

Reaction score
They just updated them today, about time!

I am curious why there are no cities in Maine or Vermont with 4G, even large cities like Portland or Burlington are 3G only.

Maps are more accurate but still not "quite" up to date. I have 4G and live in a dominant 3G area according to the map.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Buying 4g devices now and customers get to take advantage of 4g for free.

Does the mean in the future its going to cost extra?

----posted maxx'ed out----

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Although not publicized for some reason, I work in Marietta, PA and my phone started displaying 4G yesterday afternoon. I sent a text message to a friend who has a Maxx and she confirmed she also had 4G a couple miles away. Marietta is in Lancaster County, PA. I guess some of the smaller municipalities aren't going to get the press coverage.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Southwest, smack in the middle between Missoula and Bozeman, but not close enough to either to get it when they do.

There is no spoon

I'm originally from Billings.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
Ok, 815 and no 4g. I guess we're not part of this expansion. VZ comes up short once again.

This was posted using my Rezound.

kinfolk248

Reaction score
Key parts of MS still don't have LTE (Jackson/Hattiesburg/Gulf Coast....about 85% of where the population is!) but cot dang parts where Ole Miss/MS State (about 2% of the population) have it...

I'm not going to complain because my 3G signal is strong....but it's obvious deals are made w/some of these markets....

exactly...!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I don't know about everywhere, but I do know that vzw has been setting up 4g antennas in tons of areas, actually having them setup, especially in smaller markets, like the ones in east Texas, and similar areas. They've been doing this since August of last year, possibly before that. In many, many areas the systems have been operational, but turned off. The blips of functional 4g that people have been reporting are of course towers that were brought online for testing and calibration. Its been a very extensive and pretty hush hush thing. They made deal after deal to get this to happen. But it was very lucrative for those who were willing to get on board.

Some of the time they were a PITA to deal with too.

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!

geoff5093

Reaction score
Although not publicized for some reason, I work in Marietta, PA and my phone started displaying 4G yesterday afternoon. I sent a text message to a friend who has a Maxx and she confirmed she also had 4G a couple miles away. Marietta is in Lancaster County, PA. I guess some of the smaller municipalities aren't going to get the press coverage.
Verizon seems to be activating new 4G sites at a rapid pace, if you want to see exactly what they are doing view their news archive: http://news.verizonwireless.com/new...Network+News&month=&states=&sp_q=*&searchBtn=