OG Droid still has data

ænyoc

Reaction score
So, I don't think it is supposed to, but after upgrading to the nexus, my OGD still has a data connection. It was in when I activated my nexus and hasn't been rebooted yet. Everything works except mms and calling. Any suggestions what to use it for? How long before vzw gets wise and either turns it off or sends me a bill? Then again, "It's not mine, I only have a nexus. I gave my OG to some random person."

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

doublea500

Reaction score
mine worked for like 15 minutes after my gnexus was activated.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I believe at some point it'll cut off... I've heard occasionally it could mess up one OR the other if they're both "activated", so to speak, but never actually witnessed it. Most likely it'll just cut off sometime in the next day or two.

ypsichick

Reaction score
Western KY and W. Los Angeles 3 miles from the bea
Depending upon when your actual billing cycle is your original droid will sometimes stay connected until that date, as in most cases VZW bills you through the cycle and it takes the accounting to catch up. I still have a Voyager that will connect data when turned on & attempt to update the contacts :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

MsterKush

Reaction score
Ah the Voyager...loved that phone. Super tough. LG made some great flip phones back in the day. Got an OG Droid after the Voyager, now on a Razr.