OG to Nexus

vico512

Reaction score
After using my Moto OG since they first arrived on the scene, I recently considered switching to the I-phone. Glad I didn't -- picked-up a SNG from Costco yesterday.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that all of my Apps, both free & paid, had moved over to the Nexus. I didn't expect that.

The Costco bonus pack was a nice touch, and the included belt holster will do until I find one I like better.

Still in a bit of a learning curve, but overall, I'm very pleased with the SNG. Now, I need to get my "Droid" alert back...!

Any suggestions welcomed...

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the upgrade, the Gnex is a worthy successor to the mighty D1 :)

turdbogls

Reaction score
i am pretty sure "Zedge" has the droid Ringtone for download...simple download, simple apply.

but the nexus isn't a droid :p
there is a robotic "droooiiddd" like ringtone but says "nexus" if you are into that.

enjoy :)

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Congrats on the nexus! DancingNexus

you can grab the Droid.ogg file from here and just place it in your Notifications folder.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Congrats on the Gnex!! DancingNexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Badbird2000

Reaction score
I upgraded last weekend from an of myself. This phone rocks. I get a full 4 bars of 4g at work and 3 bars of 4g at home...no issues so far

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I upgraded last weekend from an of myself. This phone rocks. I get a full 4 bars of 4g at work and 3 bars of 4g at home...no issues so far

An of is? Old Fart?! Sorry OG, had to poke some fun! ;)

Reaction score
i am pretty sure "Zedge" has the droid Ringtone for download...simple download, simple apply.

but the nexus isn't a droid :p
there is a robotic "droooiiddd" like ringtone but says "nexus" if you are into that.

enjoy :)

Where might I find that robotic "nexus" notification?

OP
V

vico512

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. Right after I posted the original note, I noticed that there was a separate thread just for these "I got mine..." notes. Some of us learn slow...

The Seattle area is fairly well covered with 4G, and it's amazing, when compared to my old 3G OG. That, alone, was worth the upgrade.

I'm sure there's lots of hidden stuff I have yet to discover. And, I have yet to attempt to get the numerous pictures transferred from my OG to the Nexus. Still reading the mail about screen savers, as well. So far, I'm just being careful.