OG Droid Screen Going Bonkers/Unresponsive

Vengeance

Reaction score
Recently, my Droid has become increasingly unresponsive/has a mind of its own. When texting, sometimes it won't read any input at all, then suddenly it'll post a bunch of letters I never touched. Also the notification bar will just start dancing up and down out of nowhere. Turning off/on the screen quickly allows the phone to go back to being normal, but only for about 5 seconds before it starts going bonkers on me again. I've tried flashing other ROMs, and I still get the same problem. I've wiped the Dalvik, Cache, Data, Boot, and System partitions and still it acts strangely.

Is there anything I haven't thought of trying to maybe fix this? Or is my phone just kaput?

If it is just time to get a new one, does anyone know what Verizon's warranty policy is? I'd really like to get a new phone, as this one is under warranty, but not if it will affect my "new every two" so I can (hopefully) get the Prime if/when it comes out at a not-so-outrageous price.

Thanks!
Vengeance

EDIT: For anyone having similar issues, I wiped the screen down with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol, then once the alcohol evaporated, I used a hair dryer on the screen alternating between the hot and "cool" setting on the hair dryer for about 5-10 minutes. It seems to have fixed my problem for now. Hopefully this post can help someone else out.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
Sounds like it just might need a bit of cleaning, moisture and dust would cause that. The OG has a known digitizer problem but it sounds like your is still fine. I think you just need to give it a solid clean with humidity absorbing wipe and air.

OP
V

Vengeance

Reaction score
Would putting it in a bag of rice be as effective? Also, would wiping it down with isopropyl alcohol be a good idea?

Thanks for the reply nonetheless!