Officially among the ranks!

mr wrong

Reaction score
Well today, I finally made the plunge. Ditched the prison cell known as the you-know-what, and got my first Android device. The HTC Inspire 4G from AT&T- before all the "I'm sorry you're on AT&T" comments, I want to say that I've been quite satisfied with them. So that aside, I have a few noob questions. Hey, what would a new user be without a few of those, right?:)

I noticed that the charge/data cable it came with looks like a standard micro USB cable. I've got a few of those lying around the house, and was wondering if they would work. I also have a few iPhone USB style chargers as well. I tried using one with the supplied HTC cable and it seemed to work. Just wanted to get an official opinion first.

Also will there be rooting solutions available? I was told that rooting will open up the portable hot-spot feature. Is that correct?

Thanks, and I'm sure I'll have many, many more questions as I get through the initial learning curve.

mamawm

Reaction score
welcome to the other side, we're so glad you decided to cross over. this is a wonderful place for android knowledge. i understand that the inspire 4g is a really nice little phone.
if you need help about general android workings this is the place to find out, and if you have questions about htc sense a lot of info can be found in the incredible and eris forums (we've already been there and done that). since this forum covers verizion android phones i suggest you visit our sister forum android.net Android Forum if you need help specific to the inspire. now go have fun with that new phone (toy, addicition)

as far as charger/data cables go, i haven't had any problems picking one up and plugging into my laptop, as far as charging goes, that's another story. the cables themselves don't seem to have any effect but for goodness sakes don't go out and get a cheap charger as they can make your phone go crazy. i have used blackberry and motorola chargers without any bad side effects, but many have with other chargers.

Last edited:

patfactorx

Reaction score
HTC phones always get dev support so just stay tuned. you made a good choice