Official Fox News App now available

texasPI

Reaction score
Just hit the market this morning. Regardless of you political stance check this gorgeous app out. Very well designed and has live fox radio streaming, streaming video, news articles etc....

Talk about the app all you want people, but I know a hornets nest when I see one. No political comments will be allowed.

This isn't a political comment per se, but I am glad that the community here is smart enough to see them for what they are.

One more thing and I promise I'll shut up lol. It's sad that you even have to give a warning like that in reference to a "news" organization. I wish more people were as smart as this community.

Fail at not making a political comment....

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to be LEFT in the dark, I got RIGHT on it when I read this yesterday. I also agree that this needs a widget. It would be on the same screen as my Huffington widget (which is huge).

serveitup911

Reaction score
Awesome app with a nice interface. The shows are really good quality. I have only tried Glenn Beck so far, and the picture was clear and sound quality was just like tv.

The news section has a very similar format to the USA Today app, which is a good thing because the interface is very nice.

BuglessFan

Reaction score
I tried it out, but every time I wanted to make a change to another app it filibustered me unless I had 60% battery or higher.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Awesome app with a nice interface. The shows are really good quality. I have only tried Glenn Beck so far, and the picture was clear and sound quality was just like tv.

The news section has a very similar format to the USA Today app, which is a good thing because the interface is very nice.
I didn't get so far as to watch anything, are they full episodes of Beck, Greta, Bret, etc?

serveitup911

Reaction score

I didn't get so far as to watch anything, are they full episodes of Beck, Greta, Bret, etc?

The one clip I watched of Beck was about 19 minutes, but they had tons of clips available. I think the shows are broken into segments that aired between commercials.

khelek

Reaction score
I downloaded the app yesterday and like the look and feel of it. However, when I went to look at it today, it was still showing the headlines from yesterday. I couldn't find a way to refresh it. I clicked on one of the other tabs (videos, maybe?) and it showed me that that tab was updated at that time. I'm not willing to say it wasn't something to do with the network (with all the happy new Droid X users out there), but I thought I'd throw that out just in case someone else has seen something similar.

stevenfstein1

Reaction score
not sure why they can't do streaming audio of the current tv show - that would be a plus. Also it would be great if I could click on the news alert icon at the top of the screen and it actually opened the story, not just tlaunched the app to ake me to the main screen where the story does not appear (or at least I could not find it).
Regards.... Steve

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I closed the thread. I'm reconsidering now because Lucenut does have a good question. If it goes political again, thread will have to close and warnings and infractions will have to be handed out. Political discussions are against the DF rules.

Lucenut

Reaction score
But back to my technical question. Is it necessary or something to be concerned about that an entertainment app needs access to all those services on your phone?

stevenfstein1

Reaction score
has anyone had any news alerts in the past few days? When I first installed the app I got two in one day, but have not had anything in almost a week.

Thanks.... Steve