Offcial NPR App or A Online Radio

moot

Reaction score
I checked out the official NRP app and felt that it left a couple of things to be desired. Namely live streaming and the ability to favorite channels, or programs.

Is there a good online radio where I can stream from the NPR live feed? I tried a couple, and they either couldn't connect and kept asking me to force close, or the interface was horrible. A Online Radio is decent, but I just really can't stand the interface.

Recommendations are most welcome!

Last edited:

ldimick

Reaction score
chart

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
Yes, I realize the NPR app is out. I was referring to it in my original post when I said that it lacked live stream or a option to favorite.

Thanks for your links + reply, though.

ldimick

Reaction score
OK. NP. What I do is find a web station that I want to listen to that offers MP3 streaming, open it with the browser and let Stream It all do the work for me.

I suspect that Wunderradio will help out when it is ported to the real world (where droids rule :motdroidhoriz: )

I used that to listen to a station that carried Monday Night Football across the country because I couldn't find a mobile solution any other way. Thousands of broadcast stations available.

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
OK. NP. What I do is find a web station that I want to listen to that offers MP3 streaming, open it with the browser and let Stream It all do the work for me.

I suspect that Wunderradio will help out when it is ported to the real world (where droids rule :motdroidhoriz: )

I used that to listen to a station that carried Monday Night Football across the country because I couldn't find a mobile solution any other way. Thousands of broadcast stations available.

Ahh, thank you! It never occurred to me to do that! Thanks for the reply, works like a charm!

ebe3692

Reaction score
I tried out the official app today... couldnt get the playlist to continuously play - stops after each individual podcast then you have to click on the next one. Not ideal for driving.
Has anyone found a better way to do this???

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
I tried out the official app today... couldnt get the playlist to continuously play - stops after each individual podcast then you have to click on the next one. Not ideal for driving.
Has anyone found a better way to do this???

Yeah, I'm using streamfurious pro (lite version should work, as well) to stream NPR both the local station and the national stream, from shoutcast. I am very pleased with streamfurious.

jaste

Reaction score
FWIW - I've been using DroidLive Lite (free) for streaming my local NPR and Google Listen for Science Friday podcasts. Works fine for me.