Odd and random SD card issues

The Rick

Reaction score
Hi everyone, first time posting in this section. I looked around but didn't see a thread about my issue so I hope this isn't a total repost/common problem!

Here are the issues with the SD card:
1. when I connect it to the computer, I get an error message from windows. It wants me to either correct or continue without scanning. If I hit continue, it functions fine and I can transfer files etc. If I hit fix, nothing really happens.

2. This one is becoming a bigger issue over time from just a random issue. Whenever the phone has to "check SD card for errors", it tends to not finish anymore. This leaves the notification running, i've let it sit as long as 10+ minutes before to see if it could work itself out. The biggest issue with this is after it has gotten "stuck", the screen will never come back on until a battery pull is completed. This has followed me around with many roms now.

Does anyone have a good idea on how to proceed?

Thank you

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I wonder if it is an issue with your sd card. I would go to some one with a droid or go to verizon and change out sd cards and see what happens.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You are rooted: you may want to copy your sdcard files on your computer because you do not want to give vzw reps an sdcard full of root files.