Obsidian ROM

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well time for a factory reset as suggested, its running like a turtle. Lets see if this will fix my speed problem?

There is a current problem with the rom, where a "battle" rages, causing performance and battery life to suffer. I heard that if you keep the phone plugged in until it's booted, the "battle" doesn't happen. Who knows...

droid_freak

Reaction score
Well time for a factory reset as suggested, its running like a turtle. Lets see if this will fix my speed problem?

There is a current problem with the rom, where a "battle" rages, causing performance and battery life to suffer. I heard that if you keep the phone plugged in until it's booted, the "battle" doesn't happen. Who knows...

I may have to try that. At the moment I am into Ti_Backup for 14 mins and I am only 57% complete in restore with only 66 items to restore :( I will reload Obsidian again if my second reboot does not help.

I really want this to run well considering Sapphire was my favorite on the OG Droid. I know its a Beta but hoping everyone giving it a shot will really help it move into a final.

10:32PM MST - Total Fail with getting this to run right FC'd on mulitple apps and was way slow. Going to SBF in the morning and give it a go from a clean slate. I know this is going to work.

anrichardson

Reaction score
It runs very slow when intial bootup, but once everything is set, this thing is FAST and i'm not joking either. tried to do a quadrant test, but cause of video, it didn't work.

skranendonk

Reaction score
I have been running this since last night. I have been awaiting the arrival of this rom since I got my DX. I will say that the inital boot and restor was lengthy and slow, but once everything installed it was very fast. I did notice that once I installed th gapps it took some time for my apps to load from the market. Also, the phone got very hot in this process. Once everything was installed the rom ran great. It was fast, no fc's on anything other than the camera and video issues, and it has some nice tweeking options as well. It feels like sapphire on the D1 for the most part.

Alas, I flashed back to TranQ just a few moments ago just because of battery life. I unplugged at 7:45 am and at 11:00 I am at 30% battery. I may try a reinstall with the keeping the phone plugged in trick. Also CVPCS tweeted that he has a fix for the battery issue. If this bad can get some better battery I may make CVPCS my new home (or come back home as sapphire was my go to rom on my OG droid).

jme2712

Reaction score
i can't get gapps to install and i tried the market apk no dice. It opens but closes right away.... but yes this rom flies when it wants and creeps when it wants. I just want my market back thats all...

Daishi100

Reaction score
Market Immediate closing

i can't get gapps to install and i tried the market apk no dice. It opens but closes right away.... but yes this rom flies when it wants and creeps when it wants. I just want my market back thats all...

Did you try the Gapps update package on the downloads page?

jme2712

Reaction score

Same here I am try to looking for a workaround. Post if you find one.

Download the gapps.zip from ccroms.net.. then install thru recovery

Daishi100

Reaction score

Same here I am try to looking for a workaround. Post if you find one.

Download the gapps.zip from ccroms.net.. then install thru recovery

Haha ya I checked the page right after I posted and saw the update zip. I'm restoring my apps now.