Nvidia Shield Tablet To Receive Nougat In The Coming Weeks.

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
2611825-img_0374.jpg

As far as Android tablets are concerned there really have not been any big releases. It seems that the tablet revolution didn't really take off the way that many thought it would. Phone's have large enough screens these days that tablet's can seem redundant. Tablets were only really ever good for media consumption as they have never truly been great productivity devices. The Nvidia Shield Tablet was one of the most unique tablets out there when it released a few years back. It's focus was on gaming and to this day it remains one of the best tablets for gaming.

According to Nvidia's SHIELD Hub Google+ account Nougat will be rolling out the SHIELD tablet and the K1 tablet in the coming weeks. This is great because it breathes a bit of life into these older devices. The K1 should be the first to receive the update while the K1 SHIELD tablet will likely get the update a while later.

via Google+

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
My K1 still totally gets the job done. Very light gaming & web surfing & reading at bedtime.

Glad to see they're still supporting it. Having been using phones with Nougat for a while, there are small things that I miss when using the tablet instead of my phone.

Sent from my Pixel XL

Briankbl

Reaction score
Is Shield K1 Wifi only? Or can it take a sim?