Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Holy crap! That was a close one.

I was reading on my tablet last night & got a notification on my phone. Set the tablet beside me on the bed & grabbed my phone to respond to a message on my phone. When I went to put the phone back on the nightstand, the tablet flew off the bed. Sounded like it hit the nightstand.

It was dark, but I managed to feel for the tablet on the floor & pick it up, but it felt weird. It felt like a phone with a removable back. My finger was INSIDE the tablet.

I took it to the bathroom to look at it in the light since the wife was already sleeping & I didn't want to disturb her.

The back came almost halfway off. On the back panel, there are plastic tabs that snap in to the case. I was able to snap it back together, but it was scary. I was so worried about fixing it that I didn't think to take a picture. Had a little trouble along the top of the tablet, but I ended up being able to snap it together. I tried lightly to get my fingernail in there after & see how easy it'd be to pull the back off. Not very easy when you're trying.

Moral of the story, be careful with this tablet &/or get a case that covers the back & goes up onto the sides.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I believe so. That's an NVIDIA add-on.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
I upgraded to Marshmallow and I have a question.
Where do you go to change quality settings when you
want to video a game you're playing.

Thanks

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Holy crap! That was a close one.

I was reading on my tablet last night & got a notification on my phone. Set the tablet beside me on the bed & grabbed my phone to respond to a message on my phone. When I went to put the phone back on the nightstand, the tablet flew off the bed. Sounded like it hit the nightstand.

It was dark, but I managed to feel for the tablet on the floor & pick it up, but it felt weird. It felt like a phone with a removable back. My finger was INSIDE the tablet.

I took it to the bathroom to look at it in the light since the wife was already sleeping & I didn't want to disturb her.

The back came almost halfway off. On the back panel, there are plastic tabs that snap in to the case. I was able to snap it back together, but it was scary. I was so worried about fixing it that I didn't think to take a picture. Had a little trouble along the top of the tablet, but I ended up being able to snap it together. I tried lightly to get my fingernail in there after & see how easy it'd be to pull the back off. Not very easy when you're trying.

Moral of the story, be careful with this tablet &/or get a case that covers the back & goes up onto the sides.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Does this tablet have a removable battery?
I'm thinking no.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I upgraded to Marshmallow and I have a question.
Where do you go to change quality settings when you
want to video a game you're playing.

Thanks
I'd have to play around with it. I haven't done any of that at all yet. There has to be an app running that functionality.

Does this tablet have a removable battery?
I'm thinking no.
By the looks of what I saw when mine was open, definitely not. It wasn't like I was just looking at a battery. There were wires and circuitry that, on something like a phone would be under plastic/etc. if it had a removable battery.

MarBearCat

Reaction score
I'd have to play around with it. I haven't done any of that at all yet. There has to be an app running that functionality.

By the looks of what I saw when mine was open, definitely not. It wasn't like I was just looking at a battery. There were wires and circuitry that, on something like a phone would be under plastic/etc. if it had a removable battery.

Ok, i found where you change the quality of game recordings.
Bring the drop-down menu down. Hit "Share"
Far right, above screen shot is the settings icon.
Hit it and You'll see -Quality- on the left. You have Low, Medium, High and Ultra. Ultra says ===>>>> Not available for broadcast. I have it set to Ultra and am able to upload to YouTube.

Takes longer to upload though.

>"<

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
That's world of tanks???? Ugh....

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Say, My shield has a notice of a software update. Showed up weeks ago but I've been putting it off. Anyone know what it is?

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Did you ever install the Marshmallow update, haha! If you two the notification, it should actually give you a bit of a change log before you install.

Sent from my Nexus 6P

MarBearCat

Reaction score
Did you ever install the Marshmallow update, haha! If you two the notification, it should actually give you a bit of a change log before you install.

Sent from my Nexus 6P
Yea it's a bug fix update or something. Havn't had any "bugs" that
I know of so I leave it untouched.