Nuance Announces Dragon ID App; Lets You Unlock Your Phone with Your Voice & More

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Jun 5, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

Nuance, the company behind Dragon Naturally Speaking software and more, have taken smartphone security and convenience to the next level. Supposedly, their new Dragon ID app actually allows you to talk to your phone and unlock it with your voice instead of monkeying around with lengthy passwords or complicated swipe gestures. It supposedly does (or will do in the future) more than just that though. Apparently it will allow separate users access as long as their Dragon ID is established on the device. Additionally, in a video demo provided by the company, the software practically acts like a virtual assistant, ala Siri. You can see a demo above of some of the features of this app, although not all the functionality shown may be useable just yet.

It's amazing to see how far things have come for smartphones and tablets in such a short time. Here's the full press release below followed by a source link for more info.

Source: Your Mobile Life. Simplified. | Nuance Mobile Life
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2012
  2. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

I was laughing so hard at this.

Can you imagine how stupid you'd sound if you went around saying "My password is my voice". Then the magazine. STEVE JOBS LAST WAR and 4Gsomething.
  3. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief Staff Member Premium Member

^^ agreed. the video is hard to take seriously, and was worth a few laughs, but the tech looks pretty cool!
  4. tjk629

tjk629 New Member

I think it's interesting also. Would glady beta it.
  5. kodiak799

kodiak799 Well-Known Member

"Hello, Dragon....Am I too lazy to even look at my phone sitting next to me?"

"Dragon, would I be fired if my boss knew I was screwing off reading a magazine instead of working?"