1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Notifications

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by jmed99, Nov 16, 2009.

1. jmed99

jmed99 New Member

I have done a search but didn't find a solution.

I'm not receiving any notifications for hotmail, yahoo or Facebook. I do have notifications turned on for all of those.

For example it acts like it's not checking my hotmail every 15 min like I have it set because I'll go to my hotmail acct and it will show no new e-mails but automatically checks for new e-mails then it will show one that was a few hours old.

Facebook and yahoo does the same thing. BTW, I do not have wifi service here at work so its using the 3G service.

Thanks for all the help!
  2. Happystranger

Happystranger New Member

Mine is doing the same thing. I used to get notifications everytime someone wrote on my wall on facebook. It even used to show a facebook icon on my status bar.
  3. TomN

TomN New Member

Hmmm I have never gotten a Facebook notification even though I have them turned on in the settings. Weird.
  4. Manipulator727

Manipulator727 New Member

yea i never get FB notifications, even though i wish i did
  5. mslal

mslal New Member

Same here. no facebook notifications.
  6. TomN

TomN New Member

Kinda like the Facebook widget. It works once in a while and then stops for a few days.
  7. jmed99

jmed99 New Member

Is there any way to get the notifications to turn on? When I first got my phone I got notifications for hotmail, yahoo and facebook but not now. The only notifications I'm getting now id for gmail. I have the notifications turned on for all those but it's still not working.

Any ideas?
  8. jmed99

jmed99 New Member

I think the Taskiller app was blocking the notifications somehow. I stopped the taskiller app and now I'm getting all my notifications again....email (hotmail), twitter, etc. With taskiller running I was getting the gmail notifications but not the others. I'm not sure if the facebook notification is working now since nobody has commented on my pge today but I think this a fix!

WOOOOHOOOO!
  9. LYN

LYN New Member

I am having this same issue. My Gmail is not even updating at this point. Would this be reason for me to return the phone?? If anyone can advise me how to fix this I would really appreciate it!
  10. Underwhere

Underwhere New Member

Sometimes I get notifications, sometimes I don't. It's hit or miss.
  11. Zodiac

Zodiac New Member

This is the answer

I removed the task killer I installed powered off my phone then turned it back on notifications from everything every time now 3rd party task killers are blocking the refresh / download process to save battery power and in turn blocking our wonderfully important business emails.

USE THE DRIOD's PROCESS KILLER AND YOU'LL Eliminate this issue.
  12. cLovis_ll

cLovis_ll New Member

i only get notifications from FB if someone invites me for an event.. other than that, nada..
  13. flyingdroid

flyingdroid New Member

I'm not getting notifications...everything is checked to sync -- when I click on synch calendar -- the synch "yin yang progress cycle thing" doesn't go away like the other sync (mail, contacts) -- so?? gliche? blocking from sending notifications?

this is really annoying -- this should work -- $559 phone and all this whizbang software and simple things like this don't work.
  14. imaROBOT

imaROBOT New Member

I have never got a Facebook notification, but I do get my gmail. Lately I've been having problems with the gmail ones so I don't know... I just hope things get fixed in the update..
  15. Big D

Big D New Member

Droid's process killer?
  16. Zodiac

Zodiac New Member

Yes under settings, applications, processes this should give you the option to kill off anything running I was using Advanced Task killer but that blocked my notifications which i dearly need for work emails, and it's nice to have myspace and facebook notifications without a 3rd party task killer they are once again working correctly
  17. CapsFan

CapsFan New Member

Yep, I can confirm that as well. I never got Facebook notification until now...that's because I uninstalled Advanced Task Killer afer reading some heated discussion in Android forums and majority of the discussion says ATK is not need for Android but most suggested to use Task Manager instead. Now I got Facebook notification now...sweet!
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2009