Notifications are not loud enough..

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
Message+ is the app that got me away from Textra. You can check all your msgs on your My Verizon website.
Is checking messages on the website the only plus compared to Textra? I also use Textra, as it plays well with iOS devices as well as Android.

Sent from my Moto Z Force Droid using Tapatalk.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I enabled Verizon Message + and made it the default app. In each of my message threads, replies from my recipients show up twice. What's up with that?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Is checking messages on the website the only plus compared to Textra? I also use Textra, as it plays well with iOS devices as well as Android.

One other benefit of Message + is that you can also set it up on a tablet to send & receive texts via WiFi. I'm not sure if Textra has that ability or not, I've never used it.

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I may have to give Message Plus a try. Thanks.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Back to the original thread topic....I've been using the app Disable Increasing Ring for the past couple of days and it seems to work OK. It brings the notification ringtone back to normal nice loud volume. The call ringtone is much improved as well with only a VERY short ramp up in volume. It's a free trial period app and then paid after that. I don't know how much since I've only had it installed for a couple of days.
Is there anyone else using it and have you noticed any problems?
It might be worth it if the low volume notification ringtone bothers you.
BTW, I'm grateful for the thread hijack. I tried Message + and like it so far.

Disable Increasing Ring - Android Apps on Google Play

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
My volume seems to have corrected itself (or gotten much better) today for some reason. No known updates over the past 48 hours... No changes to settings.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Mine has done that often in the past. Sporadically the volume will be normal and then a day or so later it reverts back to quiet. I got real excited the first time and now I know it's just a software bug tricking me into a temporary state of euphoria, then it pulls the football away again just like Lucy and poor old Charlie Brown and I come slamming down on my back again.

Gudasau

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z-Force
I usually keep mine on vibrate or really low, so I only crank it up every so often to "check" & see (hear). Today's the first time it's sounded like the real normal. Guess tomorrow may be a different story

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
same here, today i noticed the lack of low start volume for notifications and calls. appeared normal.

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Back to the original thread topic....I've been using the app Disable Increasing Ring for the past couple of days and it seems to work OK. It brings the notification ringtone back to normal nice loud volume. The call ringtone is much improved as well with only a VERY short ramp up in volume. It's a free trial period app and then paid after that. I don't know how much since I've only had it installed for a couple of days.
Is there anyone else using it and have you noticed any problems?
It might be worth it if the low volume notification ringtone bothers you.
BTW, I'm grateful for the thread hijack. I tried Message + and like it so far.

Disable Increasing Ring - Android Apps on Google Play
I've installed it, going to give it a try. So far it's a good fix for the stupid problem. I still can't believe Motorola let this pass the qa.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
I've installed it, going to give it a try. So far it's a good fix for the stupid problem. I still can't believe Motorola let this pass the qa.

I'm more surprised that they haven't even officially recognized that there is an issue and they haven't come up with a fix for it (if they are even trying)in three months now.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Not sure if folks here saw this yet, but it looks like Moto is aware and they said this morning that they are working on a fix. No timeline, just that they are working on it.