JBL Speaker doesn't seem as loud as it was

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
JBL Speaker doesn't seem as loud as it waswas prior to update. Does anyone know how or if there is a way to make it louder? I thought there was also a built in EQ to adjust audio. Does anyone know of one that can work with entire phone audio that affects all Audio Apps? Thank in advance!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
This wouldn't surprise me....they can't fix something without breaking 5 other things...that's why I like the 3.5 mm jack..

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I would try to sever the connection and try it again..possibly reboot the phone and check and see if they stuck any harder to find audio controls inside the device..it wouldn't be the first time .

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Honestly, I didn't use mine enough before the most recent update to the mod to compare.

I know the changelog said they did something to prevent clipping, so it wouldn't surprise me if they capped the max volume slightly lower than it was...

I'd still try @94lt1's suggestions though.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
If the change log suggest anti clipping that means they probably turned down over all intensity through the pre amp and mow/mid tonal response..that's just a musicians guess

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
There are a few ways to decrease clipping. Impedance optimization of amplifier to speakers, increasing RMS power for the particular volume setting and specific frequency, or just plain old turning down the volume. The diagrams below show some of the relationships. I bet they just limited the volume overall. That's the easiest fix.
amp2.gif

imp3.gif

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Oh! You want the problem fixed?!? I thought you just wanted some mumbo jumbo explanation of what they might have done.
Go to Device Help and run the hardware test for speakers. If the volume is very low, select "No" it didn't work and then it will redo it.It should be pretty loud. If it's much louder the second time, it may have adjusted your speaker volume. Beyond that, I have no idea if it can be fixed without an update.

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Where can I find Device Help?

OP
hammerhead13

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
You're welcome....I think. I tried it and it makes some volumes louder, but changes the default setting on the volume rocker to "In Call" volume, not ringer volume. Not that big of a deal to me as I have another volume control handy on my phone, but when you reboot, it goes back to the way it was before. Good luck.