Notification sound is slightly distorted

crazynikka

Reaction score
Alright so there is a slight problem I am having with my galaxy nexus. The notification sounds when I get a new text message sound slightly distorted, but this seems to only happen when my screen is off. I have been using the sounds that come with the phone and they sound normal when I am choosing one in the settings. But they sound a little different when an actual text message is coming in, like they are a higher pitch or something. I think this has only been happening when my screen is off for some reason.

I do have the lightflow app installed and have been using that, I don't know if that could somehow be part of the problem or not. I was just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Doubt light flow is part of the problem as I use it and have no problems with it. Could be a speaker issue with yours.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

pool_shark

Reaction score
Others are having the same issue, including myself. For me it happens with the email notification only.

OP
C

crazynikka

Reaction score
It doesn't do it all of the time, but there are stretches of time that it will do it every time.

Do you guys think there is something wrong with my phone?
I wouldn't be too happy about having to swap phones over this, as my phone does not have any of the other issues that are pointed out on these forums like the signal issues or anything.