Light Flow/ Handcent not recognizing MMS messages?

TeeX

Reaction score
hey I know there have been a few threads about Lightflow, and/ or Handcent, but I have a specific issue/ question so I thought a new thread was acceptable.

In Lightflow, I'm able to attribute different colors for different contacts, but when I have Lightflow running, mms messages go unnoticed. Odd. It will notifiy me perfectly of anything else in the menu (sms, charging light, etc.) but when I get an mms message, I get a sound (it actually does the sound twice), but the light never lights up.

I've tried all the different configuration settings in Lightflow (alternate notification ticked on, ticked off, etc.), and changed notification settings in Handcent as well, but I can't seem to get this to work correctly.

any ideas?

POMF2K

Reaction score
Have you found a solution to this?

I have this same issue with lightflow (unsure of handcent, though I do use it). I like to use lightflow for alerts (including sound/vibrate) because it notifies much faster and gives plenty of options (type of vibrate, etc), not to mention being the only app that is able to utilize all those pretty lights.

In the past I've noticed that other apps weren't able to notify me of an MMS also. Is this something to do with the verizon network? This is driving me crazy.

Last edited:

BrendonSF

Reaction score
I have had the same issue with my S3 for nearly a year. I've played around with lightflow, handcent, and android notification settings but with no luck. Lightflow works perfectly fine, but I can't seem to get a LED light after receiving and MMS for the life of me.