Notification Light

mpskierbg

Reaction score
My green notification light is not working. It does not blink for sms/email/missed phone call/ or any other notification. What happened and what can I do?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
you rooted using a 2.1 or somehting? Have a friend TXT you while your screen is off... its a new modification to save battery I hear...

OP
M

mpskierbg

Reaction score
I dont believe I have rooted. I will have a friend do that. Are there any settings that change the notification light?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
My green notification light is not working. It does not blink for sms/email/missed phone call/ or any other notification. What happened and what can I do?

:welcome: to the droid forum. It sounds pretty much like you don't have your notifications on. Go to settings/sounds & display. Make sure silent mode is not checked and that in your ringtones you have a notification set and it isn't on silent.

OP
M

mpskierbg

Reaction score
It used to always blink when it was on silent now it does not blink in silent or non silent mode

OP
M

mpskierbg

Reaction score
Still not working.

My Notification light is still not blinking when I get an SMS, email, or any other notification. Please help.

Reaction score
My Notification light is still not blinking when I get an SMS, email, or any other notification. Please help.
as a last resort you could try a factory reset? or take it into verizon and tell them to give you a new one :)

bhjazz

Reaction score
This just happened to my phone over the weekend. I need to dig through and figure out what changed as it was working last week. Might be a software update to some app that changed it.

bhjazz

Reaction score
Interesting find, cw. Oddly enough, mine started working today. Just makes you wonder. Thanks for the link.

militant

Reaction score
Has anyone found a working notification light app that will allow me to change the color/blink patterns for different types of notifications?

drysdan

Reaction score
Is the notification light multi-colored? I just got my phone today, and have only see it flash green so far.

I would LOVE if the D3 had a multi colored notification LED. My old phone was a Nexus One, and that was the coolest feature!

militant

Reaction score
Pretty sure I've seen green and red thus far, can anyone else confirm?

Raptor007

Reaction score
I have seen green, and checked the moto manual there is zero information that I can find so far. Checked alerts, led, lights and you get parts of words or letters from two words.

Pretty useless Moto, yet again they fail to capture the actual usefulness of the blinking LED.