Notification Icons

mike1079

Reaction score
Can someone please help me figure out what a notification icon in my status bar means? It looks like a phone on top of 5 bricks or blocks. I can't find answer anywhere!!! It just showed up today.

EbE404

Reaction score
Can someone please help me figure out what a notification icon in my status bar means? It looks like a phone on top of 5 bricks or blocks. I can't find answer anywhere!!! It just showed up today.

If you look at the notification, what does it say?

rawveeda

Reaction score
Any of these help? (from my droid manual)

Attachments

• notification icons.jpg
    notification icons.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 14,652

Ghostwheel

Reaction score
Not to threadjack, but I had an icon up at the top of my stock D1 the other day I'd never seen before too. Looked like two little circular arrows pointing around each other in a clockwise direction. I don't see it in rawveeda's image. Possibly a "searching for / connecting to network" icon...?

EbE404

Reaction score
Not to threadjack, but I had an icon up at the top of my stock D1 the other day I'd never seen before too. Looked like two little circular arrows pointing around each other in a clockwise direction. I don't see it in rawveeda's image. Possibly a "searching for / connecting to network" icon...?

Oddly, that's not anywhere in the manual (so we can all be spared a snarky RTFM response).

That's the synchronization notification, basically just telling you it is syncing with the server for e-mails, contacts, etc.

I normally only see that when I have had my phone off for a while and it's pulling down a lot of data.

Ghostwheel

Reaction score

Oddly, that's not anywhere in the manual (so we can all be spared a snarky RTFM response).

That's the synchronization notification, basically just telling you it is syncing with the server for e-mails, contacts, etc.

I normally only see that when I have had my phone off for a while and it's pulling down a lot of data.

Ah, that makes sense. I tend to keep it on airplane mode while at work (big metal-frame building) to keep the battery from killing itself straining to stay connected to the network.