Notification bar text replies wrong name

KenMcBreezy

Reaction score
Okay so I have been digging around and just can't find this information anywhere. When I receive a text, the notification center shows their information correctly... but when I reply, to anyone, the notification center displays my wife's name next to the messages I send. It is not showing up incorrectly on the other end, so I figure it has to be something in the notification center or text messages settings, but I've tried looking all over the place and I'm at my wits end.
Screenshot_20191029-080654_One UI Home.jpg

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Welcome to the Forum. ,. That's very strange, I don't think I have ever heard of that or seen that before. Can you install a different text app on your phone, set it as the default SMS app and see what happens?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the forum. Hmm weird for sure.maybe try clearing data and cache on messenger app. Are you using Samsung app?

Note10+

OP
K

KenMcBreezy

Reaction score
Okay so the offending app was messages, the one with the ellipsis in a speech bubble, that came on the phone. I switched default to the Samsung one, and now my notification center replies have me labeled as "You" which is good enough for me. I would have preferred to keep using the same app, but I'll get over that quickly enough. Thanks all

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Do you have a Verizon branded phone? If so was it the red & white icon named Message+ ? That's the Verizon Message+ app found on all Verizon phones. Or the blue & white icon, which is the stock Android Messages text app?

If it was the Verizon Message+ app they are pretty good about fixing bugs in that app, so there is a good chance that there will be an app update soon that fixes the issue. Message+ is one of the few Verizon apps that is good, in my opinion. So if you like that app, check for app updates periodically and try switching back to that app.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk