Notifiaction while on phone

arty2hottie

Reaction score
I used the search option but couldn't find the answer. Is there a way to get into settings and make your droid notify you of incoming texts while you are talking on the phone? I was on it today and when I hung up I noticed a text had come in while I was talking but didn't hear any beep or anything. Is this even an option with the droid or maybe mine is broke, or maybe I am just being a dumb noob right now. :sad:

M

Matth3w

I believe the Handcent application allows you to choose if you want it to play a sound when a text comes in. I know I remember seeing this option but I can't remember where it was. I just checked the stock message app and the phone settings and didn't see it there, so I'm thinking it was in the Handcent options.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Thanks Im going to take a look at my handcent settings and see if I can find it

Mars

Reaction score
Download Handcent like Matth3w says. Its a much better sms/mms client than the stock messaging. But remember to go to the settings and disable the notifications on the stock one...after you have installed Handcent. Then on Handcent go to the settings>notification setting>choose under notifcation on call- and check "make a sound notification when on phone" that should do the trick

M

Matth3w

I couldn't find that setting because I don't use Handcent anymore, I use Chomp...glad to know I wasn't just making things up.

Mars

Reaction score
ohh u already have Handcent then disregard the first portion

Mars

Reaction score
I couldn't find that setting because I don't use Handcent anymore, I use Chomp...glad to know I wasn't just making things up.

i tried using chomp but i more used to handcent its easier to me

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Thanks guys just checked the sound on call option. Now I can be annoyed from beeps in my ear when a text comes in while talking on the phone. Haha

Mars

Reaction score
Thanks guys just checked the sound on call option. Now I can be annoyed from beeps in my ear when a text comes in while talking on the phone. Haha

just be careful with that..i had my notication volume up really high one time and i got a text while on a call, and it was super loud in my ear LOL

:icon_ devil:

M

Matth3w

i tried using chomp but i more used to handcent its easier to me
I dunno I had some issues with Handcent. It seemed to conflict with some of my other apps. I like Chomps "vibrate only when ringer is on vibrate" option. Only reason I use a 3rd party app to begin with.

OP
arty2hottie

arty2hottie

Reaction score
Hey matth3w got a different question for you. I asked this in the application section but didnt get an answer. Do you know if there is a way to get your droid to magnify text like the iphone does in the web address bar? When you type out something and have to go back and place the cursor in front of a letter so you can delete it or add a letter there it magnifys the section where you are placing the cursor so its easy to put it where you want to. I get so fustrated when I mess up an email or a web address in the web add bar and I have to repeadetly hit the section I am trying to place the cursor so I can fix it.

M

Matth3w

Not sure but I'd download it if there was in a heartbeat, because I do the same thing.

flameboy

Reaction score
If you have your notifications set to vibrate, it will vibrate while you are on the phone. I have had full sms conversations like that while talking to somebody.