Note 3? or Wait for Note 4?

SamsungQQ11

Reaction score
To the Note 2 owners like myself. Will you be upgrading to Note 3 or will wait for the Note 4 in 2014?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Considering the note 3 isn't even out and there are no confirmed specs, don't see why a possible note 4 would be in the minds of current note 2 users. I think the mystery around the note 3 is enough to be curious about and I think it will be a device worth upgrading to.

However if it's the same difference between say the s3 and s4, then there wont be much of a rush to get a note 3

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reaction score
It is a little early to be thinking about the Note 4! ...but I won't have an available upgrade for quite awhile so I will probably be ready about the time for the 4!

jimg50

Reaction score
I am a verizon tech and unhappy about the smaller size. The 3 was suppose to be 6.3 now I heard 5.8. Not that much different. Also all the phones will get uphraded to new keylime pie. They also dont have the flex screen. Not sure that I will leave my note 2 for a few tenths of an inch difference

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Considering the note 3 isn't even out and there are no confirmed specs, don't see why a possible note 4 would be in the minds of current note 2 users. I think the mystery around the note 3 is enough to be curious about and I think it will be a device worth upgrading to.

However if it's the same difference between say the s3 and s4, then there wont be much of a rush to get a note 3

How can you say that the S4 is not that big of a upgrade from the S3? Dual core to quad core, 8mp to 13mp and 720 HD to 1080 HD. In all reality that is a pretty good jump in specks.

It is to early to know what the note 3 will be like but I am sure samsung will make it to where the note 2 owners will want to get the note 3 as well

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Agree with Dezy, hard to say with out any specs. Here is how I look at it, when it is time for me to upgrade I will choose the best device for me that is out at the time. There will always be the next hot device as manufacturers are innovating to best the previous year's model. So to answer your question, when it is time to upgrade chose the carrier, plan, and device that is best for you and your family.

Jmoore1701

Reaction score
I'm with PC747.
I got the Note II knowing that it would be two years before I could upgrade, and I'm OK with that. I felt (and still feel) that the Note 2 is the perfect phone, and will still be perfect in 2014. It does literally everything I want (and certainly need) a phone to do: great call quality, nice clear videos on that huge screen, games look and play very well, great camera, great apps, battery life, google plus... There are no features that it does NOT have that I desire: I simply couldn't handle a bigger screen; I wouldn't see the difference in a higher-res screen; ditto the camera; I've yet to run low on memory/storage; and it's never dropped a call. It's a tablet and a phone, and it's perfect.

Having said all that: if, when my contract is up, I can easily afford whatever the next big thing is at the time, I'll certainly look at it, but I certainly won't be compelled to by any shortcomings of this phone.

Drew_P

Reaction score
I'm the kind of person that lives tech as much as the next guy. I usually research for months on rumors about phones. I've only had a few smartphones because of my endless need to research and choose the one I want. But since getting this beast ive barely looked at any other phone. There is nothing I can say bad about this phone. I'm interested in seeing the note 3 but not sure I will upgrade unless it blows me away like the note 2 did. And I don't even want to speculate on how epic the note 4 could be when it comes out, the way tech is advancing month by month. Just my 2 cents......

No I'm not happy to see you, it's just a Note 2 in my pocket.

xtor

Reaction score
I'm the kind of person that lives tech as much as the next guy. I usually research for months on rumors about phones. I've only had a few smartphones because of my endless need to research and choose the one I want. But since getting this beast ive barely looked at any other phone. There is nothing I can say bad about this phone. I'm interested in seeing the note 3 but not sure I will upgrade unless it blows me away like the note 2 did. And I don't even want to speculate on how epic the note 4 could be when it comes out, the way tech is advancing month by month. Just my 2 cents......

No I'm not happy to see you, it's just a Note 2 in my pocket.

What he said^^^^^^

sent from a note yee

rockbestit

Reaction score
I won't have an available upgrade for quite awhile so I will probably be ready about the time for the 4!
4igzzw

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I was going to pay full retail for the note 3. But I got lucky, verizon messed are bill up and shut off two of or lines. It took them almost 4 days to figure it out. When they did figure it out they just added two the two lines back on gave me a 100 dollar discount and a free upgrade on the one line that does not have unlimited data. They tried to get me to use right away but I told them that I am waiting on the note 3.

OP
S

SamsungQQ11

Reaction score
Love my Note 2 and my unlimited Verizon plan. I can't imagine having a Note without unlimited plan. So I'll probably pass on the Note 3 until the value drops. :) It'll be tempting because obviously the features will have you drooling for the latest and greatest. :)

SrNiceGuy

Reaction score
I have unlimited data and a Droid Charge (still...) So I pretty much echo the earlier sentiments about upgrading phone unnecessarily (I love phones/tech/etc, but I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars for a "hot device" that will be old in three months. And since I have unlimited data, well...you know I won't be giving that up...lol. :D

However, it is time to retire my Charge. Battery life sucks and I don't want to buy an extended battery and a extended battery cover (truth be told, I don't even use it anymore since I have a work phone (Droid Razr Maxx...not even HD ...but I don't have unlimited on it...[2GB] so I use my personal phone for listening to music, Netflix, etc.)

Anyhow, I am debating whether to jump on the Note 2 OR get the Note 3? I qualify for that monthly device payment plan, so I don't have to dump hundreds of dollars in one shot (and I'm good with the $24 extra...that is MORE than fair.) I looked at the S4, but I would want the Note because of the Tablet features and I have big hands.

What do you guys think?

jgmecarter

Reaction score
I have unlimited data and a Droid Charge (still...) So I pretty much echo the earlier sentiments about upgrading phone unnecessarily (I love phones/tech/etc, but I can't justify spending hundreds of dollars for a "hot device" that will be old in three months. And since I have unlimited data, well...you know I won't be giving that up...lol. :D

However, it is time to retire my Charge. Battery life sucks and I don't want to buy an extended battery and a extended battery cover (truth be told, I don't even use it anymore since I have a work phone (Droid Razr Maxx...not even HD ...but I don't have unlimited on it...[2GB] so I use my personal phone for listening to music, Netflix, etc.)

Anyhow, I am debating whether to jump on the Note 2 OR get the Note 3? I qualify for that monthly device payment plan, so I don't have to dump hundreds of dollars in one shot (and I'm good with the $24 extra...that is MORE than fair.) I looked at the S4, but I would want the Note because of the Tablet features and I have big hands.

What do you guys think?

If I was you I would wait to see what the note 3 is like. You have waited this long a couple more months should not be to bad of a wait. Plus I was a Droid charge owner and I loved that phone. I don't know why but it is one of my favorite phones.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel

What do you guys think?
Well I love my s4 and the Note 2 is a great device as well. How long are you willing to wait really?

I haven't heard any rumors of the note3 comin out, but there have been leaks here and there with no potential release date. Many say Fall, so I'm guessing Nov (alot of premier phones launch around that month), if not a bit sooner is my guess.

With all the little bits of information leaking I'm sure we'll see a release date soon though. Probably around 2mo, so I would personally wait it out if I were in your shoes. You got your work phone to help ease the wait as well.