Note 3 and Foxfi issue

huskur

Reaction score
Let me know if anyone gets it working on their Note 3. I have been unsuccessful. I will email the devs. Other than that....Great phone!!!

jseah

Reaction score
Nope. FoxFi doesn't bypass the Verizon provisioning. And neither does Elixir Widgets.

jseah

Reaction score
Huskur,

I think I may have found a workaround for the FoxFi issue. In the Play store, if you look at the details of the FoxFi app, it notes that on the S4 with the latest firmware update, if you do not set up a pattern or PIN lock on the phone to use the user credential, then a Verizon message will show up asking you to sign up for a tethering plan. It further mentions that if you dismiss this message, it will turn off your mobile hotspot. So I think the FoxFi hotspot will work so long as you leave that message up. I won't be able to test this until my wife gets home, but you could test it to see if that works.

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score
Jseah....you are correct. I set up a pattern unlock and then started foxfi. Then connected my Note 2 to it via wifi. Also you are correct about the message, you have to leave the message up. As long as you do that the wifi tether works fine. If you cancel the message it stops foxfi.

Thanks man! Not exactly the way I want it to work but at least it works when needed.

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score
hopefully the devs can get it working the way it did on the Note 2. I use mine alot while traveling. I let the wife drive and I would turn it on and let my 3 kids have internet while I played on my phone or used GPS on it. Maybe now I will have to carry my tablet also and use that instead.

drksuh

Reaction score
I found a solution!!! Once you get the ERROR screen from Verizon saying, "Use of this requires a subscription to Mobile Hotspot or Mobile Broadband Connect....." then you should not cancel that screen but you should merely hit the Home Button. Your Foxfi or SVTP Mobile hotspot will turn on!! Give it a try; it worked for me!!

brunla

Reaction score
I found a solution!!! Once you get the ERROR screen from Verizon saying, "Use of this requires a subscription to Mobile Hotspot or Mobile Broadband Connect....." then you should not cancel that screen but you should merely hit the Home Button. Your Foxfi or SVTP Mobile hotspot will turn on!! Give it a try; it worked for me!!

Yep. Just hit the HOME button when you see that screen and Foxfi continues to work. However can Verizon tell that you are tethering?

eswifttt

Reaction score
It works thanks a lot I was about to sell my note 3....I need my hotshot for work

OP
huskur

huskur

Reaction score

NICE!!! Worked like a charm.....

gtofan350

Reaction score
The issues I'm having is when I attempt to turn on foxfi, the hot spot starts but doesn't connect to any of my devices. Sometimes it will connect but will eventually disconnect from a device and won't reconnect. Usually I have to stop and restart foxfi a dozen times before it will maintain a connection. Occasionally I have to restart my note 3 and try again. I'm on the latest firmware (big mistake). Any ideas or anyone having the same issues?