Note 2 software update.

OP
J

jgmecarter

Reaction score
Since Verizon doesn't want their customers rooting their phones, I wouldn't be surprised if they tell them everything will be fine in an effort to get them to install the update and lose root.

I've been reading that some people were able to successfully restore root access using Voodoo OTA RootKeeper. This is important for me because I was planning on rooting my Note 2 soon (only so that I'll be able to add APN information in order to get data when using a GSM SIM card). I guess I need to go ahead and root and then back it up.

thanks for this information it will be a great help to them.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
I want nothing to do with this update!

I agree at this point.

I haven't seen any confirmation that the new bootloader does indeed prevent things from being unlocked with the previous methods, but until it's shown to definitely go one way or the other, it's best to proceed with caution if anyone has any potential inclination to unlock or root the phone in the near future.

Reaction score
I updated and I might be crazy, but my phone seems to be running slower...like a lot slower. Page transitions are jittery and the response time is just not good.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I updated and I might be crazy, but my phone seems to be running slower...like a lot slower. Page transitions are jittery and the response time is just not good.

Yes, but does it feel more secure?? :tongue:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Download the pdf..

Security update..
tusyhy4y.jpg

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

sharkattack99

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Still tells you nothing lol

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using Droid Forums

rumblee1

Reaction score
I downloaded the update yesterday and have had no issues whatsoever. My note 2 is running as fast and as smooth as day 1.