note 2 or Samsung s4

raydog345

Reaction score
Should I return my note 2 and wait on s4 or stay where I'm at and wait until next year

jseah

Reaction score
And then when the S4 is available, you'll ask whether you should get the S4 or wait until they release the Note III, and then you'll ask whether you should wait for the S5, etc. If you keep waiting for the next big thing on the horizon, you will never get a phone....or at least never be satisfied with what you do decide on.

OP
raydog345

raydog345

Reaction score
That made my mind up and you is right Thanks for being honest with me

rumblee1

Reaction score
Absolutely right. When I'm ready to upgrade, I wait for as many units to come out till a certain date that I set. Then I choose the one I think is the very best after extensive research. Needless to say, I'm on my note 2. Best choice I've ever made. And because it was designed with so many advanced features, upgrades will keep it with an even keel on devices for a couple of years. That said, I usually upgrade at full retail every Christmas season. However, I think manufactures are really going to have to come up with something incredible to beat this beast next year. Galaxy s 4 is an upgrade to the 3, but not the note 2. Have you noticed, iPhone seems to be getting quieter while Samsung trounces with far superior products. I've always had moto phones till this nite 2 and I'm staying with Samsung.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Both are good. It will come down to size. If the note 2 is too big then the s4 might be just right for you.

jseah

Reaction score
I wanted to add that I don't think you could go wrong choosing either the Note II or the GS4. However, what you do need to consider is when exactly do you want to get your phone? The GS4 is being revealed tomorrow (Thursday) but it doesn't mean you can buy it tomorrow. If you recall with the GS3 release, it was revealed in the beginning of May, but it wasn't available until a month later (two months in the case of Verizon). So if you are willing to wait up to 2 months from now, then the GS4 is definitely an option. Then you need to look at the intangibles. Is size that big a deal for you? The Note II is clearly larger. If pocketability is going to be an issue for you, then the GS4 will be the way to go. Is having the S-Pen a big deal for you? If it is, then the Note II is the way to go since it is the only one with a S-Pen.

My post about being indecisive was geared mainly towards that if you are going to wait for the GS4, consider that by the time that the GS4 will become available, undoubtedly all of the rumors of the Note III will be started as it is rumored that the Note III should be out this fall. Don't let yourself be suckered into the trap of waiting for "the next big thing".

m21knight

Reaction score
Should I return my note 2 and wait on s4 or stay where I'm at and wait until next year

N2 has larger screen and battery...the only real differentiators are software features like eyescroll and that air wave thing. I imagine these features will eventually be made available on the N2. I would stick with the N2 unless you find the size unwieldly.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
N2 has larger screen and battery...the only real differentiators are software features like eyescroll and that air wave thing. I imagine these features will eventually be made available on the N2. I would stick with the N2 unless you find the size unwieldly.

Also a thing to remember is both of these features aren't really ready for prime time now. I'm sure an update from Samsung will help but for right now they seem to be real glitchy.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2