Not proper charging?

Jonas

Reaction score
My phone has been acting exceedingly dumb lately. Sometimes it wont take a charge, sometimes it wants to drain the battery down to 1% while plugged in and now the latest thing is when I plug it in, the little white light beside the usb port doesn't come on, my battery icon doesn't switch into charging status, but when I'm on the lock screen, it says charging, and the battery % goes up. I think the general solution will be a new phone, but since I just spent well on 5 hours setting up Liberty, I'm gonna see if I can find another fix for it instead. Any suggestions?

P.S. I re-flashed Liberty, and it was charging fine when I had the original version on it, so Liberty is not causing this to my knowledge.

tclarktc

Reaction score
I have the same issue occassionally when I charge using my computer. It takes a couple soft resets and it charges. Im starting to think charging via computer is almost a faux charge.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
Jonas

Jonas

Reaction score
I only charge mine from a wall charger. Mostly because computer access for me is rare, but I have a mac, and the last time I tried, I accidentally synced the phone with the mac and lost all my music and pictures. 13GB of music gone. I was so disappointed.

Sent from my Banana Phone

tclarktc

Reaction score
I had the complete opposite of you. I plug mine into my computer and no matter the setting it doesn't sync.

OP
Jonas

Jonas

Reaction score
I had the complete opposite of you. I plug mine into my computer and no matter the setting it doesn't sync.

That's a software problem probably.

Sent from my Banana Phone

tclarktc

Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was thinking but I'm unsure of the whole factory reset deal. I don't want to loose all of my information. Kind of a stupid question question but was there software to install into my comp?

tclarktc

Reaction score
I have no idea what that means. I'm Droid retarded