Not all camera options working in settings.

silvernoodle

Reaction score
I have read through several camera threads and can't find an answer. There are several options that are "grayed" out in my camera settings. The flash, white balance & focus mode.

Flash stuck on "off", white balance "auto" & focus "infinity". They do not respond when i touch to try to change.

anyone know what's up? thanks

Skiracing108

Reaction score
Is your camera in auto mode under the scene mode selection? I'm no genius but some of the other choices turn off flash and change the focus mode I think. I'm not sure but double check

OP
silvernoodle

silvernoodle

Reaction score
Thanks. Changing the scene mode DOES change the flash setting, and even locks it on some. Putting scene on auto unlocked everything.

Just as an aside, I have never seen 5mp look so crappy.:O

OldguyMark

Reaction score
:)

Was just going to say that putting the scene to auto will do it ....

Not sure why you all have so much trouble with your cameras ... mine takes perfectly good pictures considering it's limits ... I have thousands invested in DSLR equipment if I want to take top quality pictures, so should you ... this is a phone, not a camera ... @ 5mp it takes pictures that are not quite as good as my old 5mp Canon PS camera, but almost ... but it's a phone, not a camera ....
:)

OP
silvernoodle

silvernoodle

Reaction score
Ah yes, I have seen others post that "it's a phone, not a camera". True, but if I only wanted a phone I wouldn't have bought a droid.:)

If I had a problem with any other "other than phone" feature I would ask about that also. Just so happens it was a camera issue:>

Now, it could be operator error as I have only had mine for a week. If you say it takes pretty decent pics, and it sounds like you know about photography, I'll have to find out what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,dd