Noob

droidx1234

Reaction score
Just rooted got wifi tether and now I want to get a free overclocking app that works for DX2 I would also want to start going with roms and kernals I also want to know the difference and the procedures with which I go about changing them safley and keeping a backup of my stock rom and kernal. Thanks.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Before you go any fuurther...you need to read around here on How to SBF your phone...betting you will need to know how in the not too distant future...

OP
droidx1234

droidx1234

Reaction score
SBF flashing the stock everything and fixing a bricked phone man that would suck pretty bad is there anyway to back up any of the information?

J

JriderG

Clockwork recovery is where its at for root. Mybackup app is good without root. And you need to read alot about sbf, rsd lite, and different software versions. Also if your going to root and all that good stuff clockwork recovery is you first stop imho.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

J

JriderG

Btw DROID x has a locked bootloader. I don't believe there is a way to load custom kernels, but who knows.

DThomp

Reaction score
Btw DROID x has a locked bootloader. I don't believe there is a way to load custom kernels, but who knows.

Correct. Locked bootloader means no CM or custom kernels. If you are going to start roming and theming the first app you're going to need is DroidX bootstrapper, if you are going to try the gingerbread leaks you are going to need Droid2 bootstrap.
+1 to the statement above about reading and learning how to use rsd and sbf. Knowing how to use them it is near impossible to make your phone unusable. Search around the forums for tutorials on how to do it. The biggest problem most people have is getting the correct drivers installed so that rsd lite will recognize your phone.
Read, read, read. And if you have any questions ask and somebody will help you through.

OP
droidx1234

droidx1234

Reaction score
Alright so read alot about SBF and it seems like a good first place to start is the 2.3 leaks but I hear its coming out for us really soon? Did I just root for nothing having to wait for the next way to root android 2.3?