Noob needs help with root!!!

bneals

Reaction score
I am reluctant to root my X2 because it I got it from work. I have a few questions that I need to sort before I take the plunge. Hopefully, you can help me out.

1. Will rooting affect my ability to connect with my exchange server?

2. Will rooting allow me to dial my phone back to factory resets if I need to return it to my IT section.

3. I have verizon service. Will rooting allow me to use a wifi tether app? I know that Verizon doesn't support this, but has anyone tried it? Does it work? I want to give net access to my son's itouch.

4. If I understand rooting correctly, I would root the phone and then find a new kernel/ROM for the phone. I would like to go with ICS. I read today that CM9 will have ICS. Does anyone know if CM9 will work on my X2 if I root?

Thanks for any help.

motcher41

Reaction score
1. Will rooting affect my ability to connect with my exchange server? it shouldn't
2. Will rooting allow me to dial my phone back to factory resets if I need to return it to my IT section. With an SBF done to it yes it would be back to completely stock.

3. I have verizon service. Will rooting allow me to use a wifi tether app? I know that Verizon doesn't support this, but has anyone tried it? Does it work? I want to give net access to my son's itouch. yes it will allow for such apps like open garder or barnacle tether

4. If I understand rooting correctly, I would root the phone and then find a new kernel/ROM for the phone. I would like to go with ICS. I read today that CM9 will have ICS. Does anyone know if CM9 will work on my X2 if I root? No the kernel is locked. Only offical moto kernels in motorola built updates will work on the X2. CM( is not ported to the X2 for many reason but it is being worked on. As for a custom rom. Use ONLY a Droix X2 custom rom.