NooB Android convert questions

Nush

Reaction score
Well I'm making the adjustment Tpo Android and the learning curve from 5 years of BB is pretty steep. First, how do I turn off the annoying unlocking step every time I turn on my Droid 2? It's an extra step I don't want. Second, I have used Pocket Informant for years...the built in calendar on the Droid is a paultry replacement for what I'm used to...suggestions for a good 3rd party app? Finally, I love the quality and accuracy of the voice recognition. How do I insert punctuation? ie...a period, question mark, etc. Thanks..I really want to give this device a fair shot...and I'm sure once I learn more about its capability I'll be rightly impressed.

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
MyLock is one of the many apps you can download from the market that will eliminate the swipe unlock.

Punctuation can be added to the voice recognition by simply saying the punctuation you want.

Not sure about your calendar woes, someone else can probably help you with that.

Welcome to the forum, have fun with it.

dso227

Reaction score
I came from a pretty long run with BlackBerry also. Try Calendar Pad by MoaiApps. There's a free one in Market.

OP
N

Nush

Reaction score
Thanks..by coincidence I found it too and already installed it. Still miss PI and saw on their website that an android version is soon to be released. It's a great app if you know it.

nyvideo

Reaction score
Pocket Informant for Android is in closed Beta right now, but I believe going to public beta soon. I am part of the beta and also just came from a Blackberry. I have to say Pocket Informant for Android is looking GREAT! I liek it so much better than the BB version. A lot of the reason is due to the bigger screen/higher resolution which allows better options.