No Outlook Sync? Time to go ??

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
I've had my Droid 4 since the second week after it came out on Verizon. And I'm been searching for an Outlook sync since. My one qualification: I don't want to use Google or Google Mail or anything to do with Google. I have a simple POP3 account, I have Outlook in my Windows 7 desktop, and I want to be able to 2-way sync Outlook (Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, Notes) both ways using a simple USB cable. Is there a way to do this and still avoid Google Mail? I like my slider keyboard (despite its shortcomings and bugs), but will jump ship (to Blackberry Z10) if necessary. HELP !!

OP
Websquad

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
Alternative Solution?

I had no problem installing this on my Droid 4. Apparently there is a Windows part that needs to be downloaded, so I downloaded FLV_Runner_B2.exe. When I executed that download file, it wanted to make something else my home page, so I removed that "check" from the checkbox and continued the download. It then downloaded a toolbar, which I didn't want. No problem -- I uninstalled the toolbar. But at that point, I didn't see any FLV software, so I assumed that it installed some add-on into my Outlook 2006. I then installed the Android app from the Play Store, started my Droid 4 WiFi, made sure it was synched to the fastest of my two WiFi routers, and started the app running. It prompted me for a PIN number -- which I didn't know about. I went back and looked for my desktop app and could not find it in my START menu or by using Windows Explorer. So, I'm lost. What did I do wrong? You mentioned alternatives...

OP
Websquad

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
Interesting table, SmallTownGirl13. I'll investigate. However, before I spend too much time on it, I was wondering if you or FoxCat had any idea as to how I could get FLV_Runner working on my machine ...

OP
Websquad

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
Anybody try or using Local Sync for Outlook Sync

Other projects forced me to delay Outlook Sync, but I'm ready now. Has anyone used Local Sync?

flybikeusas

Reaction score
yes,m I was wondering if you or FoxCat had any idea as to how I could get FLV_Runner working on my machine .thanks
FXRWjl

OP
Websquad

Websquad

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 6 +
yes, I was wondering if you or FoxCat had any idea as to how I could get FLV_Runner working on my machine .thanks
FXRWjl
Yikes! I did a Google.com search on "FLV_Runner" and found several references to getting rid of the FLV_Runner toolbar (it is considered by some critics to be "adware"), but none on adding it to your PC. Of course, you may be referring to a "FLV_Runner" that is something other than a web browser toolbar, but no such references jumped to the top of the search results. Insofar as removing or adding any toolbar, Google.com is your friend.

If you really want to install it, this webpage will be of help.

B-Unit

Reaction score
Yikes! I did a Google.com search on "FLV_Runner" and found several references to getting rid of the FLV_Runner toolbar (it is considered by some critics to be "adware"), but none on adding it to your PC. Of course, you may be referring to a "FLV_Runner" that is something other than a web browser toolbar, but no such references jumped to the top of the search results. Insofar as removing or adding any toolbar, Google.com is your friend.

If you really want to install it, this webpage will be of help.

Yea, not sure how you got onto FLV_runner in the first place, http://www.fjsoft.at is the website for the first app recommended. That is where you would download the PC portion from.