1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

No more tethering fees?

Discussion in 'Verizon Wireless' started by Isaacthegamer, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Isaacthegamer

Isaacthegamer New Member

So, I use about 8GB a month on my phone, just using Netflix and Pandora. I rooted my phone before, but never tethered. A while back, I read that if Verizon catches someone using a tether, without paying the extra cost, they would charge them for the data plan and all the months prior. Something scary like that, so I never was willing to use it. Now, I see that 4G LTE phones can tether all they want and can no longer be charged a fee. Does anyone know if this also applies to 3G phones? I have a 3G phone, since I live in the country and 3G is all that is available here. Thanks!

Edit: I just found this article stating that Unlimited data plan customers, like myself, are still going to be charged a Hotspot fee to tether. So, I guess my question should be: have you heard anything about people getting caught tethering for free on unlimited plans? I guess maybe rooting my phone to watch a Roku box is not a viable option.
  2. summertime_lovin

summertime_lovin New Member

Bull~. I "upgraded" to a 4G phone, losing my unlimited data in the process. However, when I go into my wireless settings, and try to turn on tethering, it just forwards me to a VZW website that says I have to pay the monthly fee of $10 or something in order to use the tethering. The hell? I should be able to do whatever I want with the data I pay for-which is now LIMITED!

There ARE ways around it, rooting, apps and such, if you want to go behind VZW's back...^_^
Search tags for this page

android 4.1.1 tethering verizon

android tethering
can you tether a phone to a roku

does verizon charge for tethering android 2013

how to tether roku with samsung
how to tether to roku
s4 tethering without extra charge?
tethering fees
tethering to a android phone
verizon catching droid tethering
verizon tether cost