No memory! Help!

sk102704

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I've been getting low memory warnings lately and I figure I'm going to have to format and erase the internal memory. I have space for apps and on my SD card but my internal memory has less than 200mb left.

Before I do, are there any suggestions as to whether I need to back anything up or if you know what I'll lose when I do that.

The nice thing though is even though I have very little memory left I haven't really noticed any slowdown.

Thanks for your help!

*I posted this in the tech support forum but I didn't get any responses.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

fatpomp

Reaction score
Do you have a lot of pictures stored on the internal sd? Pictures are stored in the dcim folder just incase you didn't know. If you have astro file explorer open it and push Menu>Tools>Sd Card Usage and it will show you what's using up all your internal storage.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
S

sk102704

Reaction score
Thank you! I'll give it a shot!

rduckwor

Reaction score
By all means check your internal DCIM folder. Mine gets filled with duplicate pictures any time I do any file manipulations even those not involving picture files.

PITA, but I keep it cleaned out all the time. Once I checked and had 459 jpg files in there. Some that were apparently uploaded to the handset from my desktop by ZumoCast.

Crazy!!

RMD

OP
S

sk102704

Reaction score
Thanks again for the help! I moved my music to the SD and it freed up over 2gigs!

I'm going to have to clean the dcim like suggested. Just moving the music I found double and triple copies. There are also sounds from aps I've deleted!

Once again thanks for the help!