No alert for missed text

TylerB

Reaction score
When i miss a text message and turn on the phone i see no notification or anything of a missed.text. am i missing something or is this how the phone is?

Also is there a way to switch between all my open apps?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Go in to the settings in your text and make sure the notifications are correctly set. Also, your led should be flashing. As far as switching open apps, cant help ya, I dont multitask!

OP
T

TylerB

Reaction score
But there is no way to make it like an iphone where a 1 will appear on the text message icon showing there is an unread message? Every other phone i have had had that feature

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I think if you download an aftermarket text app you can get that option. I think handcent does it.

tigersharkdude

Reaction score
If u run GoLauncher EX and download GoLauncher notifications you can set it to where a 1 will display over the message icon

Scribble

Reaction score
Android puts notifications in the notification bar at the top. So if you get a text, then it will show at the top

As for switching between apps- just click the icon (like you did when you opened the app in the first place.)

Android isn't like a Windows computer or Mac where the windows stay open and you click around on them and then close them when you're done. (Instead they're kind of like open and closed at the same time .)

HarleyG33k

Reaction score
A quick and easy way to view/switch between open apps is to just hold down the "home" key. A page will then open up with all your recently opened applications and you can navigate through them that way.

LBrooks

Reaction score
When i miss a text message and turn on the phone i see no notification or anything of a missed.text. am i missing something or is this how the phone is?

As far as a "reminder" type notification ? The only thing I saw in the stock setup was the text icon in the status bar ... But if you miss it - at least you're not alone ;o) ... I still miss having an audible reminder 15 mins later for missed mms, voicemail, etc ... It's not hard to get used used to looking at the status bar for missed "events" once you realize that's what you need to do ...