Nice Burn Verizon

Discussion in 'Android Support' started by NVash, May 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spillner

spillner Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Just wait for the D3. Why do you need a new phone this minute. I'm coming up on my upgrade and waiting for the D3.

2. NVash

NVash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Because mine acts up all the time and Im tired of it. However I have decided to wait it out for a short while. My upgrade isnt available until July so Im willing to wait that long and see what comes out.

You know something else I just remembered, Live Wallpapers. That would be greatly missed as well even though I havent used one in awhile.

3. Snow02

Snow02 Active Member

Ratings:
    +9
    I drop maybe 10% every couple hours playing music over bluetooth on my X. Less with plug-in headphones. Playing mp3s uses almost no battery.

4. NVash

NVash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thats your X. My phone loses battery from just looking at it apparently. When your phone gets like this youll find yourself avoiding things that you know will drain it. For example, last night I had about 80% charge. I played Angry Birds maybe ten minutes and I got a message that I was on 15%. Few more minutes, flashing red. Thats just pitiful.

5. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't get it.....iphone does NOT have a physical keyboard.....doesn't even have a removable SD Card (so no upgrade in size for you bud)....am I the only one that see's that doesn't make sense?

anyway....I say root the D1, flash PE GB on there, and enjoy a much faster, more responsive, snappier (I know they mean the same thing but it adds to my list to put them seperate) and over all much more enjoyable phone. Trust me....the way your phone looks and acts right now is a complete 180 from what it will be.....providing you don't have hardware issues.

I have a D2 OC'd to 1.25GHz....my sister now has an X.....my buddy has an iphone 4.....all the above envy (myself included) my wife's D1. It drives me nuts how much faster her phone is. I mean yeah it's just a tad slower than my OC'd D2 but we are comparing a phone that is stock 550MHz to phone's that are stock 1GHz or better.

Impressive I say.

Not to mention there are like 165 ROM's for you to chose from for the D1 and countless theme's and more. We have tried almost all the top preferred one's and finally settled on the PE GB ROM.

Just my opinion. If you were close I would say come on over and check out her D1.....hmm......maybe I take a screencast and show you.

I can help you through all of this if you wish. But I have been offered the Idon't 4 and passed (duh), Tbolt=pass, DX=pass....all because I am waiting for the Droid 3.....you know the dual core Droid coming out with a 4" screen and a 5 row physical keyboard......yeah....you should hold out for that IMO

Real quick to get back to the SD Card comment.....I recently upgraded to a 32GB card and my buddy is WAY jealous that his idon't can't do that.

6. BodyBagz

BodyBagz Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    Nope, you`re not, as I pointed these things out earlier in the thread...

As far as what phone to get, if you are going to wait, then I agree with Nerds...get the Droid 3...it does everything your beloved iPhone does, and more, faster, sexier and with unreadability....

7. givmedew

givmedew Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1) Don't know about the upcoming phones however you NEVER EVER had the option of doing a 1yr contract with the iPhone also in order to have done a 1yr you would have to be almost out of contract so less than 4 months on a 2yr or less than 2 months on a 1yr. It sounds like you signed a 2yr so you would have had to wait 20 months since your last upgrade.

Also based off what I read the iPhone is the perfect phone for you. Since you don't like refurbished phones and have so many issues. The iPhones don't usually have user generated problems and replacements are new I believe. Which would solve your problem there.

2) I may be wrong but I think Handcent was originally created to make the droids more like the iPhone and then just became a way to get exactly what you wanted out of your sms app. Usually you have less system control (probably a good thing for you) on the iPhone so I doubt it works the same but you should be happy with the stock app.

3) When using the iPhone as an ipod it uses VERY little juice. Of course any use is going to take away from your talk time but it is much better than one would think. For the most part the iPhone uses the least amount of background energy so you should be happier with that battery than what is found on most android phones. The Droid Charge may have better battery life though.

4) Wow no offense and I don't like to flame but you could have answered this one yourself from a ton of different sources. My answer is as follows: It seems that apple wants a level playing field for ATT and VZW when it comes to the iPhone. I would highly doubt that Apple will ever have any major features available to either side and not the other. So YES it does have it!

5) On the iPhone? Absolutely it snaps photos much quicker than most android phones. The colors are accurate and overall it looks great. You also have the option of saving 2 copies of the picture one being in HDR (this slows the process down) There are probably better android camera's out there but if you took all the 5 and 8mp android cameras and rounded all the results the iPhone would come out on top and looks better than most 8mp android cameras

6) Is the reception good compared to??? I am quite certain there are some Android phones that are going to perform better than the iPhone but which ones? I am sure there are ones that do NOT perform as well. The iPhone for VZW does supposedly have a better antenna system than the ATT phone but when you compare that to the many years of experience and advanced antenna system in the phones like the droid x who comes out on top? I don't have a clue but if I was in a gambling mood I would probably throw my chips down on the X.

7) Is the phone a good buy? Yes for sure! especially for people who have become frustrated with android devices.

Lets face it either there is something wrong with your phone, there is something wrong with the way you use your phone, or your expectations for your phone are too high.

If you had not been closed minded about the replacement then it either would or would NOT have fixed your problem. If it did NOT fix your problem then you better believe that the issue was you or your expectations and NOT the replacement device itself.

Since you don't like refurbished phones then any way you put it you would not have been happy with the outcome.

iPhone can take care of 2 of your potential scenarios and probably even the 3rd. Because to my knowledge Apple replacements are new devices (i could be wrong but i doubt it). It is very very hard for you to screw up your iPhone since it is such a controlled environment and the OS only has to be written for 1 type of phone compared to probably 50-100 types of phones with android. It is also a more simplified OS (my grandma uses it everyday with no problem). Finally your expectations probably will not exceed what the device delivers since Apple usually delivers on the experience.

I feel that Android is a tinkerers phone and nothing can beet it for the technically inclined/obsessed. You are obviously not one of those people otherwise you would have been able to answer ALL the above questions yourself by searching reading and comparing objectively. Also you failed to realize that if the problem was actually the phone and not yourself that a refurbished device could not have been worse.

So my opinion is get the iPhone. Just don't get the iPhone 4 since my judgement on you is that you will be upset at Verizon (not yourself) when the iPhone 5 comes out.

hope that helps

8. givmedew

givmedew Member

Ratings:
    +0
    PS the above are opinions, observations, guesswork, and conclusions based off what makes sense. So I might not be 100% correct on everything I said but that is the best your gonna get out of someone who is on an ANDROID FORUM NOT AN iPHONE FORUM!!!

9. givmedew

givmedew Member

Ratings:
    +0

10. xrp861

xrp861 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No joke the iphone4 is already out dated....hell so is the iphone5. Also the reson youre prolly having issues with the os is due to bloatware. The cure for this is rooting and flashing cm6. As for your battery issues i can assure you a new battery is what you need. Being thats the same baterry as the d2 and d2g its still available. I have a d2g and use my phone all day and have no battery issues same with my buddy at work with a d1...he also has never had an issue with his handset.imo the iphone is just a bad choice for reasons of no removable battery...wtf do you do when it freezes? Another is that there is no sd slot...sorry i like to beable to move my files from phone to phone with ease and not syncing to lame ass itunes....idk ive never been a fan of any mac products.

In all honesty you have to go thru 3 refubs to get a new phone or tell assirion you lost it to get a new one. Its the lemon law or something. I read about it before. Also everytime i send back 3 broken handsets in a row i get a new one so its gotta be true. Also the d1 isnt in produstion anymore and a few friends i kno who sent back messed up d1 got the d2 as a replacement.

Anyways good luck with your choice. Im android til its dead and gone myself....but its pretty much taking over and dominating so idk if thatll be happening ever.

11. givmedew

givmedew Member

Ratings:
    +0
    @xrp861

No bloatware on the Droid 1 and yes he probably does need a new battery after 1yr of use good point!

12. modisch

modisch Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It's true, heavy use of a cell phone battery, constant charging and discharging, will cause it to lose effective capacity. Replacing a battery, especially with a higher capacity one, will go a long way. They aren't even expensive... a new stock battery from Amazon is $5. Get as many as you want (something you *can't* do with an iphone).

Amazon.com: Motorola DROID and DROID II 1300mah Standard Battery: Cell Phones & Accessories

And here is the spring/summer guide for Verizon (includes more than androids):

Verizon Spring/Summer Guide Doesn’t Mention DROIDX2 or Bionic - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

If you want a phone for gaming, try the Sony Xperia Play. It's designed to play PSX games and it has a slide out controller. Not a qwerty keyboard, but if your main use of the physical keyboard is games, this will trump that. Then just use the soft keyboard or swype for typing.

-m

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.