Nexus reception poll please vote

RacingManiac

Reaction score
Trying out those leaked radio, as this morning at work I noticed the crazy battery drain from the lack of reception(no bar, showing me not connected to any mobile network). Flashed the new radio, I got 3 bar sitting at the same place I was literally minutes ago where I had none. Turn off wi-fi ang I got 4G immediately where as my Droid before would struggle for 3G. New radio seems to work for me...I am in Troy, MI.

orion2001

Reaction score
Trying out those leaked radio, as this morning at work I noticed the crazy battery drain from the lack of reception(no bar, showing me not connected to any mobile network). Flashed the new radio, I got 3 bar sitting at the same place I was literally minutes ago where I had none. Turn off wi-fi ang I got 4G immediately where as my Droid before would struggle for 3G. New radio seems to work for me...I am in Troy, MI.

Could you link to the one you used?

I might give it a shot...I already have a Nandroid backup to revert to if anything goes wrong.

tommyg562000

Reaction score
No it does not, iirc. (in response tip baldybill)

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Felix 222

Reaction score
Bay Area...completely hit or miss. Puzzling and sometimes frustrating.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

RacingManiac

Reaction score
Could you link to the one you used?

I might give it a shot...I already have a Nandroid backup to revert to if anything goes wrong.

Sorry for the late reply:
New Leaked Radios CDMA, LTE & Bootloader - xda-developers downloaded the both from the OP's post. The first is the new one, the 2nd is the "stock", just in case it didn't work. I am using a AR HD ROM so its a 4.0.2 ROM, I have no issue using the new radio.

Flash CWM recovery, reboot into it, made a backup just in case(though I've heard the back up doesn't backup the radio, so if you load the backup you'll get a mis-match, I'd just flash the stock one back on if you have problem), then load the zip. Whole process took less than 5 mins for me...

orion2001

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply:
New Leaked Radios CDMA, LTE & Bootloader - xda-developers downloaded the both from the OP's post. The first is the new one, the 2nd is the "stock", just in case it didn't work. I am using a AR HD ROM so its a 4.0.2 ROM, I have no issue using the new radio.

Flash CWM recovery, reboot into it, made a backup just in case(though I've heard the back up doesn't backup the radio, so if you load the backup you'll get a mis-match, I'd just flash the stock one back on if you have problem), then load the zip. Whole process took less than 5 mins for me...
Thanks a lot. Might hold off for now as I really am not having any issues currently, and I'd prefer not to screw around if the Nandroid backup won't restore my old radio (although I could do as you suggested and flash the stock zip for 4.0.2 radio)

Can you post a link to the stock one?

Sent from my OG Droid

It's in the link Racing Maniac posted. In the OP of that forum post, both the new radios and the stock ones are linked.