Nexus reboots when I try to open market

Grady

Reaction score
No idea why. This just started. I'm rooted running android revolution HD 2.1.2. Have been for a month. My nexus also reboots sometimes when I'm typing. Happens when typing in handcent, Gmail, browser...

Any ideas for all this? The market reboots just started an hour ago out of nowhere. I was on the market earlier today with no issue.

EDIT: i get to the market...but when i try to do a search is when it reboots. Everytime.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Last edited:

captdroid

Reaction score
No idea why. This just started. I'm rooted running android revolution HD 2.1.2. Have been for a month. My nexus also reboots sometimes when I'm typing. Happens when typing in handcent, Gmail, browser...

Any ideas for all this? The market reboots just started an hour ago out of nowhere. I was on the market earlier today with no issue.

EDIT: i get to the market...but when i try to do a search is when it reboots. Everytime.

Factory reset the phone. Be sure to backup your data first since factory reset completely wipes all data on the phone.

If factory reset doesn't fix then get a replacement.

OP
G

Grady

Reaction score
Will i still retain root and my unlocked bootloader? If i backup all my apps using titanium backup, can i just restore all of them after the reset and be back to where i am? Also, what of my rom and mods? Will i need to reflash those?

captdroid

Reaction score
Will i still retain root and my unlocked bootloader? If i backup all my apps using titanium backup, can i just restore all of them after the reset and be back to where i am? Also, what of my rom and mods? Will i need to reflash those?

Yea maybe first just try formatting the cache, system partitions, clearing dalvik cache, and reflashing your ROM. Your custom ROM comes rooted. If you don't format the data partition then my experience has been you can flash the ROM again and all your apps and data will be retained. But do backups with Titanium and clockworkmod before just in case. If this doesn't work then try formatting those partitions as well as the data partition and reflash your ROM and reload your apps and data using Titanium. Formatting the partitions options in Clockworkmod menu.

OP
G

Grady

Reaction score
so I've narrowed it down. My phone only restarts when I go into the market and click inside of the search field. I can browse the market just fine. I can search the market just fine. As long as I don't touch the search field. The second I do that, it immediately restarts. I haven't done any of the above yet...trying to make sure this won't just start happening again.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this action upon touching the search field in the market? It does not happen in any other searchable app that I know of.

Snow02

Reaction score
so I've narrowed it down. My phone only restarts when I go into the market and click inside of the search field. I can browse the market just fine. I can search the market just fine. As long as I don't touch the search field. The second I do that, it immediately restarts. I haven't done any of the above yet...trying to make sure this won't just start happening again.

Any ideas as to what might be causing this action upon touching the search field in the market? It does not happen in any other searchable app that I know of.

Have you frozen any system apps?

OP
G

Grady

Reaction score
Not that I can remember doing. This just started a few days ago. I've been rooted and rom'd since almost day 1 without any issues like this.

Snow02

Reaction score
Then factory reset or try a different rom. It'll fix it.