Nexus Prime's App List Leaked; Looks Pretty Pure To Me

WenWM

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
prime.png

Some people might wonder what it means to be a Nexus device? Your answer can be found below in the leaked list of apps on the Nexus build. For those that want me to hand them the definition as I see it, it is simple. To be a Nexus device, you simply cannot have anything unnecessary on there --Verizon nav, Verizon TV, etc. Your hardware is exactly as Google likes it. You're as basic as the iPhone's design, fast as CyanogenMod, and sexy as the Galaxy S II. To be a Nexus device you have to be the best there is; well until 2 weeks later when a better Android phone is announced.

Here is the list of the rumored included apps;

ApplicationsProvider.apk
BIP.apk
BackupRestoreConfirmation.apk
Bluetooth.apk
BooksTablet.apk
BrowserGoogle.apk
Calculator.apk
CalendarGoogle.apk
CalendarProvider.apk
CameraGoogle.apk
CertInstaller.apk
ChromeBookmarksSyncAdapter.apk
Contacts.apk
ContacsProvider.apk
DefaultContainerService.apk
DeskClockGoogle.apk
DownloadProvider.apk
DownloadProviderUi.apk
DrmProvider.apk
EmailGoogle.apk
ExchangeGoogle.apk
FaceLock.apk
Galaxy4.apk
GalleryGoogle.apk
GenieWidget.apk
Gmail.apk
GoogleBackupTransport.apk
GoogleContactSyncAdapter.apk
GoogleEarth.apk
GoogleFeedback.apk
GoogleLoginService.apk
GooglePackageVerifier.apk
GooglePartnerSetup.apk
GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk
GoogleServicesFramework.apk
GoogleTTS.apk
HTMLVierwer.apk
HoloSpiralWallpaper.apk
IMSFramework.apk
KeyChain.apk
LatinIMEDictionaryPack.apk
LatinImeGoogle.apk
Launcher2.apk
LiveWallpapers.apk
LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
Maps.apk
MarketUpdater.apk
MediaProvider.apk
MediaUploader.apk
Microbes.apk
Music2.apk
MusicFX.apk
NetworkLocation.apk
NfcGoogle.apk
NoiseField.apk
OneTimeInitializer.apk
PackageInstaller.apk
PhaseBeam.apk
Phone.apk
Phonesky.apk
PlusOne.apk
SDM.apk
Settings.apk
SettingsProvider.apk
SetupWizard.apk
SoundRecorder.apk
Stk.apk
Street.apk
SyncMLSvc.apk
SystemUI.apk
TagGoogle.apk
Talk.apk
TelephoneProvider.apk
Thinkfree.apk
UserDictionaryProvider.apk
VZWAPNlib.apk
VZWAPNService.apk
Videos.apk
VisualizationWallpapers.apk
VoicDialer.apk
VoiceSearch.apk
VpnDialogs.apk
YouTube.apk
Via: Droid-life

Last edited by a moderator:

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I hope it's durable and a good phone for like, you know, making calls because I'm strongly considering waiting for this.

y0manda

Reaction score
woah wow. Lol @ the bionic owners.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Reaction score
This is what I have been waiting for. I hope this phone has a community like the OGDroid has. I really like the hundreds of options and thousands of Q and A's that are out there if I feel like customizing or modding anything on that phone. Too bad some of the OGDroid community already caved and grabbed the Bionic. I can understand why and almost did myself but I think this phone is the more future proof of the 2 devices.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is what I have been waiting for. I hope this phone has a community like the OGDroid has. I really like the hundreds of options and thousands of Q and A's that are out there if I feel like customizing or modding anything on that phone. Too bad some of the OGDroid community already caved and grabbed the Bionic. I can understand why and almost did myself but I think this phone is the more future proof of the 2 devices.

I have some reservations about the screen. The "wire mesh" and resolution (supposedly pentile has like 2/3 the pixels?) bothers me, but the outdoor visibility is a big plus. Otherwise, from a power perspective the Bionic is lacking nothing. I do believe the bootloader will eventually be unlocked, and it should have a sizeable hacking community. And the processor will probably be overclockable to 1.5 (I'm guessing).

If the Prime is out no later than early November, I may wait to weigh my options. Otherwise, it's tough for me to go another few months with the D1. I don't really see anything with the Prime worth waiting 2 months or more. On top of that, root is good enough for me I probably won't feel a need to load a rom (although not waiting for ICS will be nice).

Reaction score
I keep hearing that the Bionic has a "last of its kind screen" and the Prime will have a screen like the DX. I have a D2G and that has removed me from the community (I hate the D2g compared to my D1) and I certainly am not up to speed. If the Prime has a screen like the DX I will be bummed. My roommate had the DX and I thought it looked bad. It seemed OVER-sharp and i could see the pixels in everything such as the homesreen, app icons, ect. I like the D1 and D2G screens.

Can someone explain the DBionic and Prime screens for me please? Most importantly compare them to something that exists already so that I may compare them directly.

Hmong_Xiong

Reaction score
I keep hearing that the Bionic has a "last of its kind screen" and the Prime will have a screen like the DX. I have a D2G and that has removed me from the community (I hate the D2g compared to my D1) and I certainly am not up to speed. If the Prime has a screen like the DX I will be bummed. My roommate had the DX and I thought it looked bad. It seemed OVER-sharp and i could see the pixels in everything such as the homesreen, app icons, ect. I like the D1 and D2G screens.

Can someone explain the DBionic and Prime screens for me please? Most importantly compare them to something that exists already so that I may compare them directly.

The Motorola Droid Bionic has a qHD screen and the Prime might have Super AMOLED Plus (which is the best screen in my opinion.)

[ ] Motorola Droid: Latest Miui
[X] Motorola Xoom: Tiamat 2.2
Tapatalk

NeoandGeo

Reaction score

It's the lower DPI of the DX screen due to it being .6 inches larger than the D1/D2, and having the same resolution. It bothers me too.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Go check out a Galaxy SII, that's more or less what you can expect with the Galaxy Nexus screen. The Nexus screen is supposed to be a SAMOLED + HD, so it should be slightly better than the SII. Outdoor visibility should be good, but not as good as the Bionic. In terms of contrast, clarity, color reproduction, etc, the Nexus screen will absolutely blow away everything on the market.

dracos

Reaction score
As long as it has a notification LED for emails and texts unlike the fascinate. I'm in, this would be a nice replacement for my aging blackberry for work.

djsiva

Reaction score
Bionic owner phone envy in 3......2......1......Go!
Haha, very happy I didn't settle for the Delay-onic.

No envy here because I don't pay for cell phones. :) I'm in a Bionic now, but will be going to the Vigor or Prime as soon as it's out. :)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C

Here's a good breakdown of the pentile tech from another post. Ok, off to go end it because having the Bionic has ruined my entire life:laugh:

I wanted to comment on the confusion around the PenTile display in the
> overall thread. What some refer to as "pixelation" is actually
> something a bit different. PenTile technology uses 2/3 the number of
> subpixels to render each pixel, which saves power while also producing a
> brighter screen. What people call the "screen door" effect or
> "pixelation" is actually pattern visibility. In certain color
> combinations the patterns created by the subpixels become visible --
> green on black is a common one, which you can see in the battery
> indicator of the notification bar. Some people are distracted or
> annoyed by the patterns, while others can hardly see them or just ignore
> them. Personally after using the beautifully crisp Droid 1 screen for
> almost 2 years, I was afraid the PenTile screen would put me off the
> Bionic after reading about it. However, after seeing it firsthand in
> the store and now after a week of owning it, I can say it doesn't bother
> me one bit. I can sometimes see the patterns but they don't distract
> me, I basically just "look through them" and they disappear. For some
> people though, it's so annoying as to be a dealbreaker. I would highly
> recommend for anyone considering the Bionic to take a look at one in
> person before deciding. It's highly subjective.
>
>
>
> One thing I am sure of though is the power savings. On my Droid 1,
> Display was always #1 in the Battery Usage Stats screen, often as high
> as 90% of total battery life. On the Bionic this is reversed, with
> Display only using about 10% of battery life. Of course, this is offset
> by other power-hungry components (4G radio, I'm looking at you) so
> overall battery life is in the same ballpark