Newsrob help

moot

Reaction score
The articles in my newsrob seem to be stuck at 50, I'd like to increase that to 100, if possible. I have played around with the settings and options, but have not found the ability to do so. Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated!

I'm also subscribed to engadget, which publishes MANY articles a day. This is an issue because it takes up the majority of my 50 articles, and all my other feeds only have 1-2 articles, help here would be great as well, in limited a certain feed.

Thanks!

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
I did an uninstall, because I had originally thought that upon installation, newsrob asked how many articles you want. But I was mistaken. Still stuck at 50. Did some more searching on google and was unable to come up with anything. If anyone knows if it is possible or not possible, please let me know!

samiusmc

Reaction score
What setting are you using for the maximum number of saved articles? I have mine set to 1000 and it seems fine. Try setting to 1000 and check the option that stores cached articles on your sd card.

samiusmc

Reaction score
Under settings, go to local storage cache and then capacity. You probably have it set on 50. Just change it to a greater number.

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
Under settings, go to local storage cache and then capacity. You probably have it set on 50. Just change it to a greater number.

Ugh. I don't know how I missed that option. Thank you so much for your help and reply. Also, is there a way to set the max. amount of articles for a feed? For example, engadget always takes up 90% of my allowed articles.

samiusmc

Reaction score
You are welcome. Glad I could help. There is no way I'm aware of to set each feed to a maximum capacity of articles. I just set the default to 1000 and have no problems. The developer is a nice guy. His name is Mariano Kamp. He's on Twitter @newsrob. Try asking him. He always gets back to me. There is also a Google User Group at: Discussions - NewsRob User Group | Google Groups

Mariano always responds there. You can submit feature requests and also get updated versions there before they hit the Android Market. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

OP
moot

moot

Reaction score
You are welcome. Glad I could help. There is no way I'm aware of to set each feed to a maximum capacity of articles. I just set the default to 1000 and have no problems. The developer is a nice guy. His name is Mariano Kamp. He's on Twitter @newsrob. Try asking him. He always gets back to me. There is also a Google User Group at: Discussions - NewsRob User Group | Google Groups

Mariano always responds there. You can submit feature requests and also get updated versions there before they hit the Android Market. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks again for your reply and suggestion. You've been immensely helpful!